This is an announcement concerning The Shootout which I have enjoyed running/owning and competing in for the last 25 years.

IDRC Takes Over Shootout for 25th and Beyond

For nearly 25 continuous years, David Buschur has produced “The Shootout” at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio. Today, David is passing the torch to the IDRC to carry on the event for the next 25 years and beyond.

“The Shootout has grown in size each and every year. Last year, over 10,000 people participated or attended the event over its three days. There is only one group that I believe can take The Shootout to the next level and that is the IDRC. With Mike and his team taking over all aspects of the event, I expect to see an influx of sponsors and an expansion of the coverage to help the event grow,” says David Buschur. He continues, “Buschur Racing will support the Shootout and our customers that attend the event. We will continue to host the Friday activities in Wakeman and I hope to be able to enjoy the event as a racer.”

“There are few people in the import performance industry that have accomplished as much as David over the past three decades. David has set records as a racer, a tuner, a manufacturer and an event producer while inspiring many of his friends to start their own import performance businesses. We’re honored and thrilled to be taking over the Shootout as David enters his semi-retirement. We’ve got so many new opportunities for sponsors and we know that this 25th Annual Shootout will be the best to date, “says IDRC Founder Mike Ferrara.

The 25th Annual Shootout will take place August 18th through the 20th in Wakeman (Friday 9am-4pm) and at Summit Motorsports Park (Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday) in Norwalk. In addition to new sponsors, this year’s event will also feature the first-ever InstaFame car show to be held in Ohio.

For sponsorship and vendor inquires contact IDRC National Director Alfred Rhee at (714) 593-0280.