Thread: No switched power to ecu and stereo

Default No switched power to ecu and stereo

long story short I was driving the car, shifted into 3rd, then it died. I notice the safc is not on so I check ecu power and there is no switched on the main red wire. It has constant power, and the switched power on the black/white stripe wire is there. The radio will motor out to remove the faceplate when the key is switched off but it has no switched power to turn on. I've pulled every fuse I can find on the car and all are fine. Im going to look for a full wiring schematic this weekend so I can trace out the line off the ecu but if anyone has any ideas I'd give it a try. I was thinking ignition switch but I doubt it since it happened while the car was running, plus the other switched power accessories are working fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    93tsi awd. 6-bolt swap, hks turbo timer, safc2, suspension techniques sway bar, kyb agx's, tein springs, ingalls camber correction kit, walbro 255, 680cc injectors, adjustable fpr, ported evo3 manifold, ported big 16g, hallman pro rx, arp studs & steel gasket, web racing cams, hks cam gears, egr block off, 2.5" buschur 02 housing, 2.5 full exhaust, buschur front mount, tial blow off, gm 3" mas with converter, ss clutch line, act 2600.

92 f150 - parts getter.

- Fly like an Eagle!

your car is cursed!
    DB quote "....this isn't some chinese piece of shit...."

Fusible link?
    If you feel especially at home here ...
    Of course you are slightly strange, because you understand and have an affection for inanimate machinery. So many mock what they know they can never understand.
    ...That the creations of technology... human technology... have a beauty, an art... a life of their own.
    You, being one of those people who understand and appreciate this, are forever tasked with swimming upstream against the blindness of the mainstream.
    ... Welcome to the Machine...