Thread: Dsm days almost gone, onto gtr's

Default Dsm days almost gone, onto gtr's

Well has anyone noticed how almost all the people that started with dsm's have went gtr. 1st ams, 2nd shep, now STM. I work at Nissan and love the gtr but these guys are leaving us behind. Hopefully they don't forget where they started. Glad everyone progresses successfully cause there is a lot of money in it. Hard to believe that the evo came and went so fast.

I went from an Evo back to a DSM...hows that for your logic
    1992 AWD TALON Automatic
    2.3/V3 SD/FP 3052/Self Tuned
    10.54 @ 127.5

2004 EVO RS Sold
    FP Red/Stock Motor/Stock ECU/ Maf/Self Tuned
    11.03 @ 123

FP Black/Stock ECU/Maf/Self Tuned
    10.85 @ 131

I highly doubt that shops such as STM and BR are going to leave behind the EVO and DSM guys. Slow down? Sure. But, not leave behind all together.
    Last edited by evo 9 guy; 05-02-2012 at 11:06 AM.

I highly doubt Buschur will ever leave the Mitsu world... 1 the market for the GTR is expensive and dominated right now 2 David is going to break all the evo records this year with the BadBish 3 David already tried other markets such as genesis/mustang annnnnd well he's still here with a forum, shop, love dedicated to where he started.
    DB quote "....this isn't some chinese piece of shit...."

Cars phase out, plain and simple. Alot of people see it as "leaving behind" but more importantly they overlook the fact that while they're shops... its still a business and there are bills to pay. Not just for the shop but also everyone inside it. You have to go where the money is, if business isnt as good as it could be you look for other sources of income. While its our hobby as well as it is yours its still a job to those of us who work at a shop. Like the saying goes "A chapter has to close for a new one to open.".

Vehicles get to the point of where people are tired of them, move onto something else. Cars can only be modified so much and then modified again. At some point peoples vehicles become just upkeep and driving. No further progressing. They get sold, people leave them how they are and drive & upkeep them and so on.

You cant hate on someone for bettering themselves and doing what they need to do to keep food on their table. I mean... think about it... as a normal person who works. You can either have a job thats going to pay you hourly at minimum wage or one thats going to pay you minimum wage every 5 minutes. What are you going to take? $25,000 GT-R trans build... $700 DSM trans build...

As for those mentioned... I only know of one thats "left people behind" so far.

Just my $.02.
    Jarrod Barnett
    Sales Manager

www.BUSCHURRACING.com

[B]Buschur Racing
    24 West Main St.
    Wakeman, OH 44889
    Phone:440.839.1900

I didn't know STM had gone GTR, but it's a great car to get involved in. You can only do so much with a DSM and/or EVO that hasn't already been done. They'll still stick with our cars too because there's more of them around. Still, they have to diversify for good business sense as Jarrod alluded.
    BR Powered, Red, E85, BR Mojo
    Project Foolkiller
    541whp/461tq

The point of the topic is a good one and somewhat true.

Jarrod made the most sense and his post is spot on. I want to add to it.

We have ALWAYS continued to sell DSM parts, we never stopped. We may not have continued to develop huge turbo kits and such but most of what we did develop 20 years ago still works perfectly today. We built a proper Race FMIC a few years ago when we found there were not exceptional kits, sales sucked because the majority of DSM guys are too broke or cheap to buy good parts. More recently I decided it would be a good idea to offer the parts we are going to be developing for the new DSM project of mine to everyone. First thing was a bolt in parachute mount, 6 guys said they wanted them, we built 5 of them and you know how many we sold? 1 of them. Now I have an investment in development, paying for 5 to be built and now they are sitting on my shelf. I was to build door panels, mirror delete panels, rear side panels, bolt in rear subframe for the 3000GT rear end etc. Guess what I am going to build now? NONE OF IT. We are also going to slowly phase out all of the remaining DSM parts we still stock, me being loyal to the cars for 23 years and putting money into parts that sit for long periods of time is STUPID as a business move and I've only done it out of loyalty to the DSM itself. Done with that. Now we are going to build this car for ME so I can have fun.

EVO is another story. It's what we have left, there is no other current platform I am interested. I am not interested in the GTR although I should be and should have worked on them. SO much money to be made in that market.

Right now our future is the EVO automatic transmission we are developing. After that who knows what. I am getting tired though, tired of taxes, tired of assholes.
    Last edited by David Buschur; 05-02-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    David Buschur
    www.buschurracing.com

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BUSCHUR RACING DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

OFFICIAL DSM/EVO/GTR SHOOTOUT INFORMATION

First 4g63 in the 12's, 11's, 10's, 9's, 8's and 7's.
    WORLD'S FIRST EVO8 IN THE 8'S
    WORLD'S First EVO in the 9's on pump gas.
    2011 NASA Championships TTD runner-up

Bad Bish, 9.04@159.64
    Project White, E85, 10.35@138.53 mph, ECUFLASH TUNED

Quote Originally Posted by 92laser View Post
    Well has anyone noticed how almost all the people that started with dsm's have went gtr. 1st ams, 2nd shep, now STM. I work at Nissan and love the gtr but these guys are leaving us behind. Hopefully they don't forget where they started. Glad everyone progresses successfully cause there is a lot of money in it. Hard to believe that the evo came and went so fast.
    I know! Can you believe it?!??! Business owners wanting to work on a platform to earn money to feed their families??!?! Sons a bitches...

Quote Originally Posted by 92laser View Post
    I won't say that they have completely moved on,they still sell/produce parts for EVO platform
    Just that there is no further R&D
    In the case of DSM,David had perfectly summed it up
    It make no sense to serve a market that is not willing to pay for quality parts

Well maybe that was taken a little wrong. I was applauding all that have leaped from a min money maker like dsm to a true money maker like the gtr. Interesting part or what I feel is that some of the biggest guys in our world are the guys running the gtr world. Lets face it, most dsm people don't really spend money anymore and the evo people are starting to do the same. Lets face it, hyundai people do not spend money and there are to many companies making parts for
    mustangs so maybe Dave should try GTR's. We just replaced our 2nd GTR trans at 13k warranty price. Shep is gonna be doing real nice in the end.

Ah, I see. Well I'm not interested in the GTR market, if I knew then what I knew now about it I probably would have gotten one. I considered it and saw all the hardships that were gone through with the tuning and trans. Now it seems it is figured out and going fast with one is very easy, easier than what I have been lead to believe it is for sure. Regardless, not going that route.
    David Buschur
    www.buschurracing.com

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BUSCHUR RACING DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

OFFICIAL DSM/EVO/GTR SHOOTOUT INFORMATION

First 4g63 in the 12's, 11's, 10's, 9's, 8's and 7's.
    WORLD'S FIRST EVO8 IN THE 8'S
    WORLD'S First EVO in the 9's on pump gas.
    2011 NASA Championships TTD runner-up

Bad Bish, 9.04@159.64
    Project White, E85, 10.35@138.53 mph, ECUFLASH TUNED

They are buisnesses and they are all making wise buisness decisions. Those of us who still spend serious money on these cars will always pay to have parts made and will get them. It is not smart for a buisness to continue to specialize in a platform that is slowly dieing. The sad thing is its not like most of the people who have them now want to spend money on quality parts or supporting the few companies left that do put R&D in and support the community. They would rather buy a knock off part or spend thier money with someone who sells parts on ebay or out of thier mom's basement to save a buck. I never understood why someone would want to save $50 buying a part from someone who has very little ability to stand behind it, may not stil be there a year later, and in a lot of cases is a lower quality part. Unfortunately its the way most of the world seems to be trending these days.
    1069hp/667tq
    Wier's Automotive Racing
    Magnus Motorsports
    Shearer Fabrications
    Fuel Injector Clinic
    ECMLink
    National Speed INC

I see the problems starting when the cars start making it down in the $10-$15k price range used. Which is where the original 2003+ Evo VIII's made it a few years back. Then you get a lot of people buying them and having no idea to maintain them. Then buying parts on Ebay, slapping them on and thinking they can run 11's with a tune.

Well, once at the shop they get a 'come to Jesus' from the shop explaining half the stuff is total crap and people get frustrated. That in a nutshell is what AMS explained to me a few years back and seems to be a cyclical effect. It's sad, but it's life. But from this situation, the good parts do rise to the surface and cheaper proven solutions for the customers stick around.

I watched the Evo hard, studied the facts and bought my first one in April 2003.
    I did the same with a few other cars (but never bought) like the failed-promise RX-8, the 302 Mustang and the GT-R.
    And I've dreamed of the GT-R, F430 and 996/997 911's like a lot of others probably have.

If I never sell my Evo track car, I think I'll pull the trigger on a 'fun' car. It'll be lightly modded, probably a 2-seater and a lot of fun. I'd also like it to be rare. I've got a ton of ideas, but now's not the time unfortunately!
    #929 Evo - NASA TTA/PTA <-- Sold! Official Part-Out thread HERE.
    Buschur Tuned
    2010 NASA Midwest TTA Champion
    2011 NASA Midwest & Great Lakes TTA Champion
    Follow me --> 2012 Racing Blog! or Twitter