NORA    gpautospa    NHTrailers
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4g63 Camshaft Research: The truth shall set the tires free!

fp5r or BR280S?
    DB quote "....this isn't some chinese piece of shit...."

Mullen, Who's Cyl Head and which turbo is on the car?
    Quinn Whipple
    Concept Racing
    www.crco.com

oops i misinterpreted your response
    Last edited by mullen; 02-27-2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: edited for being a dumb ass

Thank you Mr. Whipple for more info. If you have a HKS 272 or even HKS 280 specs it would be nice also for a old school bench mark. Any more FP cams? Also on the FP4's do you have any more opinions on them? Lets say theses cam are good for what type of set up in your opinion.

Also are all these cams EVO 8 Cams? Except for the stated EVO9 of course. It looks like on the graph it says E9 for the FP4's? Could we keep this to EVO 8's? I figure EVO 9's would be different specs with MIVEC. DSM cams would be nice also.

And last WTF! If I read that gragh correct that is a huge lift compared to the rest and with what I would call extreme ramp. I have no clue WTF that is from. Maybe from the mopar performance big cubic inch 4 cyl sprint car engine? I can't figure what kind of valve train could handle that cam? From gragh to graph it looks real big compared to the mistu cams.

Also the 2 cams mullen posted are his bad guess at the last graph you posted. LOL! Not which is a better cam for say his car. I can see why he confused you.
    Last edited by SS Laser; 02-27-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    Do you own a EVO? No I do not. Then what the hell are you doing here!

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Thank you Mr. Whipple for more info. If you have a HKS 272 or even HKS 280 specs it would be nice also for a old school bench mark. Any more FP cams? Also on the FP4's do you have any more opinions on them? Lets say theses cam are good for what type of set up in your opinion.

Also are all these cams EVO 8 Cams? Except for the stated EVO9 of course. It looks like on the graph it says E9 for the FP4's? Could we keep this to EVO 8's? I figure EVO 9's would be different specs with MIVEC. DSM cams would be nice also.

And last WTF! If I read that gragh correct that is a huge lift compared to the rest and with what I would call extreme ramp. I have no clue WTF that is from. Maybe from the mopar performance big cubic inch 4 cyl sprint car engine? I can't figure what kind of valve train could handle that cam? From gragh to graph it looks real big compared to the mistu cams.

Also the 2 cams mullen posted are his bad guess at the last graph you posted. LOL! Not which is a better cam for say his car. I can see why he confused you.
    SS Laser is correct, I was just throwing out the 2 biggest cams I have heard of for last graph you posted

Thank you for pointing that out SS Laser because I was sitting here scratching my head in confusion
    Last edited by mullen; 02-27-2012 at 03:13 PM.

SS Laser:

You are very very close. Camshaft is out of Pontiac SD4. Correct, big cube 4cyl made for the professional motorsports world. Later this year we will post some build pictures. It's my brothers project. A bit of Modern, with a bit of the Old School. This one is configured 2.7liter. mmmm, 2.7 Liter, 9000 rpm, some boost and modern electronics, should be good for some real power. Heck if NASCAR is now ditching the carbs, it will continue to push across the motorsports world.
    Quinn Whipple
    Concept Racing
    www.crco.com

Sweet! I was very very close! I can't wait to see the pictures of that build. I am not a NASCAR race watching fan. But all forms of motorsports help continue the advancement of all parts even OEM parts so I do pay attention at times. So I also just noticed NASCAR the other day went to FI. Figured it will help progress contine at a high level.

Are you going to have any time to post up another mistu cam analysis?

Thanks for the info so far!

SS Laser:

Yes this weekend I will dig out some older profiles from 1gen 2gen and some more Evo stuff. We have Kelford, Cosworth, Tomei coming. Tomei is about 2.5 weeks out. I don't remember when the Kelford and Cosworth are due to arrive but when they get here we will run them through the profile analysis.
    Quinn Whipple
    Concept Racing
    www.crco.com

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Whipple View Post
    SS Laser:

Yes this weekend I will dig out some older profiles from 1gen 2gen and some more Evo stuff. We have Kelford, Cosworth, Tomei coming. Tomei is about 2.5 weeks out. I don't remember when the Kelford and Cosworth are due to arrive but when they get here we will run them through the profile analysis.
    Thank you very much! I am really into this analysis. I am sure most shops with the right equipment to do this keep all there findings secret. Also I bet most( me included) can only take a educated guess which cam will work best for our set up looking at the specs. After you post a few more profiles I will PM you with more set up specific questions if you have time to answer.

Thanks again for taking your time to do this sir!

Mr. Whipple,

Thats great you were able to get the Tomei's, Im really looking forward to the results. I actually have the 280's in my evo right now and I would have sent them but its my only car so I have no room for down time at this moment. Ive heard really good about these cams but I would actually like to see some factual results compared to the other brands. Thank you so much.

SamiRey

awesome thread. have you ever tested kelford 272? id like to see the difference from them and the BR BF272.
    Buschur Powered: FP Black Ball Bearing - BR 2.3 Longblock - BR double pump - FIC 2150 - kelford 272 - Map rev3 - sparktech
    Self Tuned & Built / 11.226 @ 131.72 (street tires / 32psi)

I received the Tomei's today. I am disappointed with their manufactured quality. No wonder why they don't cost very much compared to the JUN. As far as real lift/duration, it will be some time next week before I can do the analysis.
    Quinn Whipple
    Concept Racing
    www.crco.com

Thanks for the update Quinn. It's not very shocking, I bought their bad ass stroker kit for the EVO back in the day, it was a set of OEM Mitsu rods/OEM crank and set of half assed pistons.
    David Buschur
    www.buschurracing.com

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BUSCHUR RACING DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

OFFICIAL DSM/EVO/GTR SHOOTOUT INFORMATION

First 4g63 in the 12's, 11's, 10's, 9's, 8's and 7's.
    WORLD'S FIRST EVO8 IN THE 8'S
    WORLD'S First EVO in the 9's on pump gas.
    2011 NASA Championships TTD runner-up

Bad Bish, 9.04@159.64
    Project White, E85, 10.35@138.53 mph, ECUFLASH TUNED

OEM rods? from a tomei stroker wow thats bad... LOL!!

David would you know if their current stroker kit is any good, or are they just rebranded rods and pistons with a oem crank?

No idea, we build a bad ass stroker kit.
    David Buschur
    www.buschurracing.com

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BUSCHUR RACING DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

OFFICIAL DSM/EVO/GTR SHOOTOUT INFORMATION

First 4g63 in the 12's, 11's, 10's, 9's, 8's and 7's.
    WORLD'S FIRST EVO8 IN THE 8'S
    WORLD'S First EVO in the 9's on pump gas.
    2011 NASA Championships TTD runner-up

Bad Bish, 9.04@159.64
    Project White, E85, 10.35@138.53 mph, ECUFLASH TUNED

Can you please post the data from the Kelford analysis?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12