Thread: Standing mile coming to ohio

Default Standing mile coming to ohio

http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Breaki...-Air-Park.html maybe a few dsm guys would maybe want to do this

Yuck, if it's the same group that was doing Maxton I wouldn't waste my time. You have to build a full race car with so many stupid things beyond just a cage that it's not for most people. Would love to see the group who does the Texas Mile come here though!
    David Buschur
    www.buschurracing.com

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BUSCHUR RACING DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

OFFICIAL DSM/EVO/GTR SHOOTOUT INFORMATION

First 4g63 in the 12's, 11's, 10's, 9's, 8's and 7's.
    WORLD'S FIRST EVO8 IN THE 8'S
    WORLD'S First EVO in the 9's on pump gas.
    2011 NASA Championships TTD runner-up

Bad Bish, 9.04@159.64
    Project White, E85, 10.35@138.53 mph, ECUFLASH TUNED

Now the Texas mile requires a cage for over 175, blows since I was planning a trip in the spring.
    Curt Brown
    2012 WRX hatch, don't ask me how slow it is!
    2006 EB EVO IX 10.49@141.82 FP Green
    94 Talon 10.4@137.7 16g power
    9.10@160.3 FP35r HTA

www.CBEVO.com

Yeah, that does blow Curt, I wasn't aware of that. So no 200 for the RS ever, guess I can cross it off my "to do" list.

There is a chance of a 3/4 mile, standing start coming in the spring at another event. It is in discussion now, you'd love it.
    David Buschur
    www.buschurracing.com

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BUSCHUR RACING DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

OFFICIAL DSM/EVO/GTR SHOOTOUT INFORMATION

First 4g63 in the 12's, 11's, 10's, 9's, 8's and 7's.
    WORLD'S FIRST EVO8 IN THE 8'S
    WORLD'S First EVO in the 9's on pump gas.
    2011 NASA Championships TTD runner-up

Bad Bish, 9.04@159.64
    Project White, E85, 10.35@138.53 mph, ECUFLASH TUNED

I just know you wanted to do a standing mile car. if you ever go to texas. i would love to go down and watch

Quote Originally Posted by David Buschur View Post
    Yeah, that does blow Curt, I wasn't aware of that. So no 200 for the RS ever, guess I can cross it off my "to do" list.

There is a chance of a 3/4 mile, standing start coming in the spring at another event. It is in discussion now, you'd love it.
    Woot for the 3/4 mile!
    -Mike "Spoolin"

Quote Originally Posted by David Buschur View Post

Yeah it's a dumb rule, not as bad as the Maxton rules but who wants to put a cage in a bone stock car.
    Curt Brown
    2012 WRX hatch, don't ask me how slow it is!
    2006 EB EVO IX 10.49@141.82 FP Green
    94 Talon 10.4@137.7 16g power
    9.10@160.3 FP35r HTA

www.CBEVO.com

3.B ROLL CAGES AND ROLL BARS:
    Disregard: “ALL CARS IN COMPETITION SHALL BE EQUIPPED WITH A FULL ROLL CAGE”. This is a SCTA requirement.
    All cars in competition over 135 MPH, must be equipped with a roll bar or roll cage structure. All closed cars between 135 MPH and 150 MPH must have a 4-point roll bar. All closed cars between 150 and 175 MPH must have a 6-point roll bar. All closed cars over 175 MPH must have a full roll cage. All open cars are advanced one bar / cage category over closed cars. Any individual wishing to enter a vehicle which deviates from these rules MUST contact the ECTA 45 days before the event for approval.

The Bar is kinda high for the over 175 cars but the majority of street cars can't get there in a mile.
    Last edited by LSR Mike; 10-17-2011 at 10:40 AM.
    Mike Meierle
    #847 F/BMMP
    BNI/ECTA
    ECTA Record Holder/Bonneville Record Holder

I'd love to do the standing mile.
    2006 Evolution IX (BR2.0 / FP HTA GT3794R / AEM v2 Tuned by David Buschur)

2013 Sponsors:

- Buschur Racing (440) 839.1900
    - Forced Performance (972) 984.1800
    - Tirado Custom Coatings

Best ET: 9.37 // Best MPH: 160.16 (Fastest MIVEC EVO IX Record Holder)

This is being held 1/2 mile from my house. They have been having a street race there all summer in the huge parking lot. I think it was an SCCA event?? I agree with the rest of you, way to many rules nobody will show up to race. Who wants to put a cage in their car just to do this a few times that day? Not me.
    Gt3076R stock frame turbo, Buschur 3.5" FMIC, HKS 272 cams and cam gears, 720's, Perrin 3" TBE, Buschur IC pipes, Buschur intake pipe, SMC alky injection, SSR D5R 18's, Greddy profec B spec II , ACT stage 2, ACT streetlite flywheel, AEM Wideband, Adjustable rear sway bar.

Actually there are 4 race dates next year at Wilmington, not a one time affair, ECTA has been doing this for 15 Years and we had over 80 car entries in October, so there are a lot of people going full monty on the rules. In the other side of the coin, there are mostly dedicated cars, not daily drivers. Since you're a 1/2 mile away, drop in and Spectate, you might change your mind...
    Mike Meierle
    #847 F/BMMP
    BNI/ECTA
    ECTA Record Holder/Bonneville Record Holder

Quote Originally Posted by 03RR8 View Post
    I agree with the rest of you, way to many rules nobody will show up to race. Who wants to put a cage in their car just to do this a few times that day? Not me.
    Go and attend before you make a judgement. You may like it, may not. But you obviously don't have a clue until you attend one!

Quote Originally Posted by shearer View Post
    Go and attend before you make a judgement. You may like it, may not. But you obviously don't have a clue until you attend one!
    I don't need to attend one to have a clue, just read the rules and other comment on other forums. I frequent a few forums and majority were interested until they read the rules. Like Dave said above "Yuck, if it's the same group that was doing Maxton I wouldn't waste my time. You have to build a full race car with so many stupid things beyond just a cage that it's not for most people. Would love to see the group who does the Texas Mile come here though!"
    I personally would not waste my money to build my car to there rules to attend this one event, but I am also not saying that guys that do this regularly might not be there, just not many local guys willing to do this to their cars. I am sure we will have locals racing in the slower speed event, just not the 200 mph class. Don't get me wrong though I think it is a great thing they are doing and a great location it will help my hometown with the business it will bring in.
    Last edited by 03RR8; 11-22-2011 at 10:45 PM.
    Gt3076R stock frame turbo, Buschur 3.5" FMIC, HKS 272 cams and cam gears, 720's, Perrin 3" TBE, Buschur IC pipes, Buschur intake pipe, SMC alky injection, SSR D5R 18's, Greddy profec B spec II , ACT stage 2, ACT streetlite flywheel, AEM Wideband, Adjustable rear sway bar.