Thread: Needed revisions from AEM directly?

Default Needed revisions from AEM directly?

Hi, i purchased a new AEM unit for my Evo8 and have exhausted the use of the stock ECU with my setup and have just installed the full AEM unit with all needed sensors to run speed density. I purchased the ECU roughly in 2006. Yes i know it has been sitting a while so please don't flame me for it Smiley What i am wanting to know is, has there been any important updates or revisions to the AEM which would require me to directly send my ECU into them or can any and all updates be done on my end? If so, does anyone have a current link to said files?

I am looking for a quick answer as we should be ready to tune on it late this coming week. If someone from AEM is reading this, and it does require me to send it in, how quick can you guys do what needs to be done and send it back out to me. I am more than willing to pay for overnight shipping if needed.

Thanks for any info.

Aaron

The simple answer is no there is no updates that require sending it to AEM. Whether your tuner prefers using the current firmware version or the newest is something you'd have to ask him and he would do anyway. Although I haven't found anyone who likes using the newest one.

Thanks for the response. My main concern was that my buddy with a Suby had sent his in and it has gone through about five revisions. And i had sent one in from a 1G DSM to get checked out and it came back with a different revision and sticker on it.

Aaron