Thread: How to Install big fuel lines on a 2G

Default How to Install big fuel lines on a 2G

Looking for people who (and idea's ) have replaced those stock lines for larger braided lines, like how did you run them from the tank to the filter and from the FPR back to the return at tank?

And what did you do with the fuel return line to the other side of the split tank?
    Last edited by manley57; 05-16-2010 at 08:13 AM.
    American workers spend more of their day working to pay taxes than they do to feed, clothe, and house their families.

FPR to tank can be left stock. Walbro in tank pump, -08 pushloc lines, an -08 pushloc fitting welded to the stock line (out of the fuel fitting line out of the tank), Walbro inline pump, inline fuelfilter, -08 fitting on rail. Self taping screws and clamps all the way down the body of the car. Thats how i did it. Or you could use a twin in tank pump, and then insert the rest of what i said. Its easy stuff.
    '95 Tsi, 6 bolt swap, 9:1 JE pistons, Eagle rods, Supertech S&R's, oversized valves, ARP Everything, JM SMIM, AEM fuel rail, HKS 272 Cams, HKS Cam Gears, HKS Timing Belt, HKS SSQV, Fluidampr, Apexi Skyline FMIC, Tial 44mm, FIC 2150cc, FP 3065 Turbo, -08 lines, Walbro 255 re-wire, 255 in-line, Jays Racing Alt. relocate, ACT 2900, Stock Tranny, Ecmlink V3 with SD.

Best Time 2009:
    12.9@115mph on 18psi (spinning 1st-2nd)

Upgrades For 2011:
    e85
    Tune
    Slicks

The line that comes out of the fuel pump assembly will bolt right up to a -6an female fitting. So if you want to use -8an, then get a -6an to -8an adapter. hook it to the fuel pump output, and run -8an all the way to the engine bay, have a inline filter on the firewall(for easy access) then -8an from the filter to the rail. I left the stock return line, and it worked great.

If you need even more fuel(E85), then put a bosch 044 pump inline under the car. Let it be fed by your in tank 255 and you will be good to go. Like mentioned above, it's pretty easy, and doesn't cost that much.
    David Landry

Quote Originally Posted by David Buschur View Post
    PLEASE do that too, all day, all night, on a hill, in a dip, with a mouse or playing with your girlfriends clit

Quote Originally Posted by talondsp View Post
    The line that comes out of the fuel pump assembly will bolt right up to a -6an female fitting. So if you want to use -8an, then get a -6an to -8an adapter. hook it to the fuel pump output, and run -8an all the way to the engine bay, have a inline filter on the firewall(for easy access) then -8an from the filter to the rail. I left the stock return line, and it worked great.

If you need even more fuel(E85), then put a bosch 044 pump inline under the car. Let it be fed by your in tank 255 and you will be good to go. Like mentioned above, it's pretty easy, and doesn't cost that much.
    Exactly how i said, but better well put!
    '95 Tsi, 6 bolt swap, 9:1 JE pistons, Eagle rods, Supertech S&R's, oversized valves, ARP Everything, JM SMIM, AEM fuel rail, HKS 272 Cams, HKS Cam Gears, HKS Timing Belt, HKS SSQV, Fluidampr, Apexi Skyline FMIC, Tial 44mm, FIC 2150cc, FP 3065 Turbo, -08 lines, Walbro 255 re-wire, 255 in-line, Jays Racing Alt. relocate, ACT 2900, Stock Tranny, Ecmlink V3 with SD.

Best Time 2009:

Upgrades For 2011:
    e85
    Tune
    Slicks

My concern is how to get around this squeeze by the front sub frame?

American workers spend more of their day working to pay taxes than they do to feed, clothe, and house their families.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygram View Post
    Or you could use a twin in tank pump.
    That would be nice but the 2Gs really option is the $400 fullblown setup.
    6bolt w/2G head 2.2, Ross, Crower, Magnus 92mm, Supertech valves, Kiggly springs, GSC s3's, SBR fmic, Tial BOV, meth inj, s90 70mm, JMFab DRAG, 2000cc's, Aeromotive FPR, BR c.o.p., Tial 44's, BW 91/79 .91 A/R, BR 3" exhaust, twin 255 in-tank, rebuilt auto w/Kiggly 5 disk and built t-case

Quote Originally Posted by dsmusmc View Post
    That would be nice but the 2Gs really option is the $400 fullblown setup.

Lol, its just an option.

Best Time 2009:

Upgrades For 2011:
    e85
    Tune
    Slicks

Quote Originally Posted by teddygram View Post
    Lol, its just an option.
    LOL I was hoping you knew how to make one.
    6bolt w/2G head 2.2, Ross, Crower, Magnus 92mm, Supertech valves, Kiggly springs, GSC s3's, SBR fmic, Tial BOV, meth inj, s90 70mm, JMFab DRAG, 2000cc's, Aeromotive FPR, BR c.o.p., Tial 44's, BW 91/79 .91 A/R, BR 3" exhaust, twin 255 in-tank, rebuilt auto w/Kiggly 5 disk and built t-case

I already have the pump issue solved, I want to know what is a good way around this route that the original line took at the front subframe , that's all I really need to know. Thanks!

Carve out some of the subframe, or pull the old lines and hammer the firewall back a bit.
    -Mike "Spoolin"

I had no problems with my line going that route.
    David Landry

Quote Originally Posted by David Buschur View Post
    PLEASE do that too, all day, all night, on a hill, in a dip, with a mouse or playing with your girlfriends clit

Yea, you shouldnt have any problems. Just pull the old lines and push the new one through. As far as building a dual pump..... let me look into it, i might be able to figure something out.

Grant

Best Time 2009:

Upgrades For 2011:
    e85
    Tune
    Slicks

Well it looks like I have a winter project of pulling out those stock lines and installing the -8 and -6 lines in their place, have the Full Blown dual fuel pump kit in hand and a large ported fuel rail.
    Just dont want to take the car apart during the summer, wanted to enjoy driving it for a change since its had a few minor issues the last couple of summers. I'll have lots of spare time this winter to dig into the fuel system then have Dave re-tune the car with the double pumper set up and a better flowing fuel system.

Quote Originally Posted by manley57 View Post
    Dave re-tune the car with the double pumper set up and a better flowing fuel system.
    Is that Dave Blundell here in ohio?
    Last edited by teddygram; 05-19-2010 at 09:29 PM.

Best Time 2009:

Upgrades For 2011:
    e85
    Tune
    Slicks

No I'm talking David Buschur...............sorry for the confusion!

Buschur has done all my tuning.

Oh ok, I was just a little curious.

Best Time 2009:

Upgrades For 2011:
    e85
    Tune
    Slicks