Thread: GA DSM's IMPORT SHOWDOWN MAY 2nd 2010

Default GA DSM's IMPORT SHOWDOWN MAY 2nd 2010

GADSM’s Import Showdown is scheduled for Sunday May 2nd at Silver Dollar Raceway in Reynolds Georgia.

This event is open to every car and bike, import or domestic. It is an event put on by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts and has classes that will accommodate all types of set ups with races that range between our all motor class (usually high 12’s to low 13’s) to the competitive Showdown class (usually <10’s) as well as plenty of test and tune time in between.

We are pleased to announce a new class for V8 Imports! Please spread the word and lets make this new class fun and exciting for all!

Competition rules are posted here.
    http://www.importshowdown.com/Competitions.html

Please read and review these rules carefully! We have ramped up tech inspection even more and will be closely monitoring these rules to the letter. Cheaters will NOT BE TOLERATED

For more information about the event, visit

http://www.importshowdown.com/

Pre-registration is now open and a tech card discount is applied to those who pre-register

Each class for I.S. is now sponsored! This is a great new way for our sponsers to get their name out even more and bring more traffic to the event. The more who attend, the greater the prize pool.

Looking forward to seeing all of you there this Spring for an exciting time!

You guys are not going to want to miss this event. We have a lot of big names coming out to participate, set up booths, & race. This is going to be the best Showdown GA DSM has put on to date!!!
    Last edited by gastroker; 03-09-2010 at 09:34 AM.

BTW, please note the flyer has been adjusted. Sparktech Ignition has signed up as a sponsor & we are glad to have them. Please look for their booth at the event!

So are we partying for my birthday the day before or what?

oh yeah...party at the hotel!

Just so you guys know, a lot of the sponsors have committed to coming to this event, not just putting their name on the flyer.

Shep has confirmed he's coming down, and if everything goes as planned, he will be bringing one of the cars to run.

PTT will be there and is setting up a booth
    Bullseye Power is setting up a booth and possibly bringing the drag diesel truck to do Exhibition runs
    Magnus is trying to come down but not 100% yet....I think everyone should give Marco enough shit to make him come (luv ya cookie)
    STM is coming and setting up a booth, not sure if the car is coming yet
    CFT is coming and brining a few of their drag cars
    Ron Shearer is coming
    Dogbox is about 90% sure they're coming with the Evo to Race
    Sparktech is coming and setting up a booth

All the other guys are local shops that will definitely be there racing

I'd really like to see a lot of the Ohio crew there. I really don't want to see a Honda or Supra win one class this year. Come represent guys!

Btw guys, pre-registration is open. click here: http://www.importshowdown.com/Pre-Register.html

I am pre-registered. Who's next?

EEEEEwwww think we may be making the trip as well!!!
    NC Black Beast-570whp-466ft/lbs stock block, head, ecu going under the knife for a custom FFP everything!!!
    03 EvoVIII-6765 FFP block, FFP Head-580whp baseline on pump
    03WW VIII-FFP block, BR Head, AEM, 35R-605hp
    Force-Fed Time-Attack/Road Course "Street Sweeper"- FFP block, FFP Head, 5857*numbers coming soon*

Running The Streets of the Carolinas

Only 3 days left before pre-registration closes. Better hurry up if you want to save some cash!

http://www.importshowdown.com/Pre-Register.html

Hey guys,
    The event was awesome. We had over 1000 people in attendance. The 2nd largest one we've ever had. Definitely a good time. Only sad part was I blew up my rear end on the first pass.
    Here are some pics from the event. You guys definitely need to make it to the next one. My rear end will no longer be a problem.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/...8%3A1929000926

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...8#post39008498

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...**added-moar**

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...02010/?start=0

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...-mean-Showdown

Why did you say sheptrans and STM was coming. I went expecting to meet them and they were not there. On top of that I was talking to Trevor from sheptrans the Monday afterwards and he said that they knew nothing about this race and was never planning to coming down. So why lie?

You should watch your accusations there buddy. Is it not possible there was a misunderstanding/miscommunication somewhere? Mike/gastroker is a pretty well respected member of the DSM community.

Shep and STM were definitely planning on coming. I was never lying. STM was not able to make it becuase the were moving shops and had to be out by the end of April.
    Regarding Shpep Trans, I delt directly with John. He and Ron Shearer wre both going to come down. John had some things come up last minute that did not allow him to come. He did however contribute extra money to sponsor a specific class. If you don't believe me then ask him yourself. Or ask Ron. I would never lie about something like that. That would be pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by 96scstang View Post
    Why did you say sheptrans and STM was coming. I went expecting to meet them and they were not there. On top of that I was talking to Trevor from sheptrans the Monday afterwards and he said that they knew nothing about this race and was never planning to coming down. So why lie?
    eh eh.... Mind yaself!!! Mike is a pretty cool guy and he wouldn't lie about something like that... The GADSM Import showdown is a great event, and by the way it's thanks to cool folks like mike and jason that I signed up on the gadsm forum (LFC Secretary) & a couple of other forums....

First I saw of the event was today.............I didn't realize it had come and gone already.

Pisses me off the site was used to advertise for it and we weren't contacted to participate or sponsor it. I'll keep it in mind next year though, that we were invited or asked to sponsor it that is.
    David Buschur
    www.buschurracing.com

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BUSCHUR RACING DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

OFFICIAL DSM/EVO/GTR SHOOTOUT INFORMATION

First 4g63 in the 12's, 11's, 10's, 9's, 8's and 7's.
    WORLD'S FIRST EVO8 IN THE 8'S
    WORLD'S First EVO in the 9's on pump gas.
    2011 NASA Championships TTD runner-up

Bad Bish, 9.04@159.64
    Project White, E85, 10.35@138.53 mph, ECUFLASH TUNED

Quote Originally Posted by gastroker View Post

I'd really like to see a lot of the Ohio crew there. I really don't want to see a Honda or Supra win one class this year. Come represent guys!
    Hmm I just assumed they posted this here to try to catch your interest David.

ps. I have nothing to do with this race I'm just friends with gastroker in real life
    Last edited by burtreynolds; 05-19-2010 at 11:12 AM.

First off talk about a late response second I talked to Trevor and he said that their car wasn't even close to being done and he knew nothing about the race. Third the only sponsor I seen was Sparktech. Just disappointed in the sponsor turn out it sucked as usual but the racing was good.
    Last edited by 96scstang; 05-20-2010 at 12:38 AM.

Again, I don't really know trevor. I spoke directly with Shep. I never said he was bringing THE car, I said he was planning to bring a car. That doesn't mean it was the drag car. And some shit happened which did not allow him to make it. Im sorry you were disappointed. Believe me, I was too. Not just about him but a lot of the sponsors.

But I completely agree with you, a lot of the sponsors backed out in the last week or two leading up to the race.
    But for the record:
    Sparketch was there
    PTT was there
    Topspeed was there
    JJ Spec Racing was there
    Turbo Dave Fabrications was there
    NOS Energy Drink was there
    JDM Parts garage was there
    4G performance was there
    Performance Hose Distributers was there

Just seems that most of the Mitsu related sponsors couldn't make it for various reasons
    ECM Tuning never confirmed they could come
    Dogbox Racing couldn't get their car together in time
    Magnus never confirmed they could come
    Bullseye's truck broke down
    CFT couldn't make it for personal reasons...they were at the last FAll race though
    Shearer's Birthday was the day before and his friends threw him a suprise party and asked me to tell him not to come because it would ruin the surprise (if you must know)

If you've ever put on a race you would know how difficult it is to juggle sponsors and who says they are or aren't coming. You can only go by what they tell you so, ya know...shit happens.
    Last edited by gastroker; 05-20-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 96scstang View Post
    John and I had full intention to come down for the race. John had something come up that he could not get out of and I was catching a lot of shit for going from friends that weekend. Turns out they had a little surprise party for my birthday, would have sucked for them if I had attended the race and I wasn't there for my party.