Shootout 2    Buschur BADBISH 250x90 Test    NHTrailers

Thread: Anyone curious to see what happens when your transfer case goes out?

Default Anyone curious to see what happens when your transfer case goes out?

Probably a little more serious than most, mine went out while getting off at an exit doing about 50. These are pictures of the rear diff.

Lesson of the day kids is to keep an eye out for t/c leaks and keep up on your fluid changes(which will help find the leaks).

Definitely time for a new one!!! lol
    EvoM is worse than a middle school girls locker room as far as rumors and drama is concerned.
    Oh, did you notice the girl last night... "I'm one of 6 kids, raised by my single mother"..... YOUR MOM'S VAGINA IS A CLOWN CAR!!!

This'll do it.
    "If you don't listen ... you're probably going to get beat"
    Pat Ganahl
    Squarepants Racing

bondo might work better lol
    Keeping Mitsubishi in business since 2003..

Siesta Key Florida...NOW in Zanesville Ohio

haha Mudkip thats great..........and ouch i bet that felt nice inside the car

Holy hell, I've never seen that happen. Did the t-case actually lock up or something?
    David Buschur
    www.buschurracing.com

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BUSCHUR RACING DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

OFFICIAL DSM/EVO/GTR SHOOTOUT INFORMATION

First 4g63 in the 12's, 11's, 10's, 9's, 8's and 7's.
    WORLD'S FIRST EVO8 IN THE 8'S
    WORLD'S First EVO in the 9's on pump gas.
    2011 NASA Championships TTD runner-up

Bad Bish, 9.04@159.64
    Project White, E85, 10.35@138.53 mph, ECUFLASH TUNED

Shit! I've broken some t-cases before but that thing is fucked!
    2006 Evolution IX (BR2.0 / FP HTA GT3794R / AEM v2 Tuned by David Buschur)

2013 Sponsors:

- Buschur Racing (440) 839.1900
    - Forced Performance (972) 984.1800
    - Tirado Custom Coatings

Best ET: 9.37 // Best MPH: 160.16 (Fastest MIVEC EVO IX Record Holder)

Quote Originally Posted by David Buschur View Post
    Holy hell, I've never seen that happen. Did the t-case actually lock up or something?
    what he said did it lock up or or just make a loud noise

ur lucky u didnt crash with the way that thing looks
    | BR Race FMIC | BR Ported Exhaust Mani | BR LICP | FP Intake | FP Black | BR Short Shifter | Kelford 272's | ARP Head Studs | Forge BOV | Jun-BL Cat-Back | Injen UICP | Megan Racing Downpipe | Megan Racing 02 Housing | Megan Racing Coilovers | Walbro 255 Fuel Pump |

Tuned by: Evil Intentions Tuning
    New Setup
    438WHP/331WTQ @ 23.5 PSI

Old Setup
    351WHP/343WTQ @ 23 PSI
    12.57 @ 112.1

My Account: www.youtube.com/user/ISAH23I

wow! can you give us more detail as to how you were driving and what it sounded like and felt like..just curious, thanks!

It sounded like a bomb went off under the car..lol. It made a loud whining about 10 seconds before it went. So yeah the t-case leaked all of the oil out through the back where the yoke goes in. Which is strange because I never saw the first sign of fluid prior to getting under there and seeing a stream down the middle. So I have replaced the rear diff and now getting the rest of the money together to get a built t-case and an exedy twin. At least after that the whole drive line is built. Would rather be upgrading power, but I guess better to take care of this now so I don't have to worry about it later. I have read of numerous reports where people have died from similar situations and I fell blessed I wasn't another statistic.

Also this happened while just cruising on the interstate at about 60.

wow
    glad your okay, ive heard about a people wrecking when this kind of stuff happens
    2006 Evo IX MR
    HTA3586

Quote Originally Posted by JustinA View Post
    It sounded like a bomb went off under the car..lol. It made a loud whining about 10 seconds before it went. So yeah the t-case leaked all of the oil out through the back where the yoke goes in. Which is strange because I never saw the first sign of fluid prior to getting under there and seeing a stream down the middle. So I have replaced the rear diff and now getting the rest of the money together to get a built transfer case electrical switch and an exedy twin. At least after that the whole drive line is built. Would rather be upgrading power, but I guess better to take care of this now so I don't have to worry about it later. I have read of numerous reports where people have died from similar situations and I fell blessed I wasn't another statistic.
    Wow, sorry for digging this up but you are just one lucky guy. I dont wanna mess up like that. Ive been hearing awful stories of accidents cause by t-case. your lucky to survive and still can type your story here. lol. cheers!
    Last edited by masterjohnson; 03-11-2011 at 02:17 AM.

I had mine start locking up on me on the way back to Indy from Jacksonville, FL. I made it to Savannah, GA before I parked it at a Dodge dealership and got a hotel room. Had the previous owner not put in a '90 drivetrain, the '91 would have been taken care of by ChryCo. And holy crap did it take some work to get the NHTSA bulletin that declares the t-case a lifetime replacement TSB. I argued with the manager of Savannah Dodge for 2 days straight before I could get the paperwork printed out and prove to him that he was wrong. Since they had 2 days to go over it, they were able to point out that the serial numbers didn't match up and that a '90 engine/trans/t-case had been swapped in.
    -Mike "Spoolin"