Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best intake manifold

Default Best intake manifold

I did a quick search to see what I could find. Im no dsm expert so I thought i'd seek the advice from those who are.

Im wondering what are some of the best intake manifolds for under 500whp and over 500whp.

Currently my friends son is building his 1g and is looking for a good IM, i don't want to recommend the wrong part for him.
    Its a basic 2.0 build
    60-1 turbo
    all supporting mods

All advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    When ya call out fake tuners ya get banned on the other sites, here ya can speak your mind and not worry about people crying to mods because its true. Highboost FTW

i dunno about the dsm, but for the evo8 i was looking at the ams f1-i intake mani... i dont know if that will work or can be adapted somehow. i like the sheet metal ones and all but i like the idea of a cast manifold more.
    http://www.firetherulingclass.org/

"When dictators and tyrants seek to destroy the freedoms of men, their first target is the legal profession and through it the rule of law" Leon Jaworski, prosecutor at the Nuremburg Trials.

The 1g DSM has a big runner intake on it to begin with. I haven't done any dyno testing back-to-back for the DSM's. I'd say though based on what I found on the EVO intakes, if the car is under about 550 whp on our dyno then porting the stock intake and throttle body are going to be best. From there, I don't know what to recommend. We considered making our intake for the DSM's but have decided against it based on not being able to use the same runner design we did on the EVO's.
    David Buschur
    www.buschurracing.com

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BUSCHUR RACING DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

OFFICIAL DSM/EVO/GTR SHOOTOUT INFORMATION

First 4g63 in the 12's, 11's, 10's, 9's, 8's and 7's.
    WORLD'S FIRST EVO8 IN THE 8'S
    WORLD'S First EVO in the 9's on pump gas.
    2011 NASA Championships TTD runner-up

Bad Bish, 9.04@159.64
    Project White, E85, 10.35@138.53 mph, ECUFLASH TUNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Buschur View Post
    The 1g DSM has a big runner intake on it to begin with. I haven't done any dyno testing back-to-back for the DSM's. I'd say though based on what I found on the EVO intakes, if the car is under about 550 whp on our dyno then porting the stock intake and throttle body are going to be best. From there, I don't know what to recommend. We considered making our intake for the DSM's but have decided against it based on not being able to use the same runner design we did on the EVO's.
    What about the 2g heads which use smaller runners than the huge 1g ones?

To the op. Check out the Beyond Redline manifold here. http://www.beyondredline.com/store/i...products_id=21

Hey David, would you still recommend the ported intake mani for a Time Attack setup with mid torque being a specified want ? I have been juggling the idea of going with a billet style intake, but think with my build of about 550-600whp/tqe, that I should be good with the stocker ported.. any thoughts?? thanks Mike
    FORCE-FED PERFORMANCE. Thanks Justin & Babi
    //\\ STREET-SWEEPER //\\
    * PTE 5857
    * FFP built 2.0 longblock

Do you guys offer porting for the IM and TB?
    When ya call out fake tuners ya get banned on the other sites, here ya can speak your mind and not worry about people crying to mods because its true. Highboost FTW

Yes, we offer intake manifold porting for the 1g, same pricing as for the EVO. We also bore the TB's to 65mm but need cores to do it.

A 2 liter Time Attack car at 600 whp on our dyno would benefit from our intake, if it makes 550 or less on our dyno then I say stick with stock.

Stroker engines benefit much sooner from a fab'd intake over stock.
    David Buschur
    www.buschurracing.com

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BUSCHUR RACING DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

OFFICIAL DSM/EVO/GTR SHOOTOUT INFORMATION

First 4g63 in the 12's, 11's, 10's, 9's, 8's and 7's.
    WORLD'S FIRST EVO8 IN THE 8'S
    WORLD'S First EVO in the 9's on pump gas.
    2011 NASA Championships TTD runner-up

Bad Bish, 9.04@159.64
    Project White, E85, 10.35@138.53 mph, ECUFLASH TUNED

Quote Originally Posted by wishihadatalon View Post
    What about the 2g heads which use smaller runners than the huge 1g ones?
    Could do a EVO3 manifold. Has shorter runners and same ports as the 2G.

Im a fan of JMF manifolds and dont think you can go wrong.
    6bolt w/2G head 2.2, Ross, Crower, Magnus 92mm, Supertech valves, Kiggly springs, GSC s3's, SBR fmic, Tial BOV, meth inj, s90 70mm, JMFab DRAG, 2000cc's, Aeromotive FPR, BR c.o.p., Tial 44's, BW 91/79 .91 A/R, BR 3" exhaust, twin 255 in-tank, rebuilt auto w/Kiggly 5 disk and built t-case

DB - A 2 liter Time Attack car at 600 whp on our dyno would benefit from our intake, if it makes 550 or less on our dyno then I say stick with stock.

Thanks.. Definitely going to keep it in mind... Plus I believe we are going to have one to test vs. a ported stocker...
    FORCE-FED PERFORMANCE. Thanks Justin & Babi
    //\\ STREET-SWEEPER //\\
    * PTE 5857
    * FFP built 2.0 longblock

Seen the DI mani do it's thing I was impress with it.
    AMS BUILT 2.3/950R

600awhp on pump 93 octane!!!

788awhp on C-16!!!

To the op. Check out the Beyond Redline manifold here. http://www.beyondredline.com/store/i...products_id=21
    That just looks like a copy of the AMS manifold.

My evo is just about done and it looks like some time around next tues. we will be doing a back to back dyno test of a stock ported IM vs. a fab. sheet metal Buschur IM. My car is a 2005 evo 8 w/ 12k orig. miles on it and around 2k miles on the Machine World built shortblock. I'm now doing some research and it looks like my FIC 1450cc inj. might be maxxed out as I run E70/85. I probably will order a set of FIC 2150cc inj. or the ID 2000's tomorrow just to make sure I have a set on hand just in case...I will post up the dyno sheets for comparison in hopes that is will help and give an idea. I'm also shooting for 650whp on the dynojet I'm going to be using...

i run a stock 1gen IM STAGE 1 by Morales Racing. i have run 10.7 with the same turbo u want to run.
    AUTO DSM IN THE 10'S AND A EVO IN THE 9'S

FACTS ARE FACTS...LEAVE THE BULLSHIT BEHIND

im in the market for a IM right now on my project dsm car, car will be beyond the 500whp.

I was looking into the JMF drag manifold, does anyone have a link to some comparison dyno or track times?

or reccomend another manifold over the JMF drag?

Quote Originally Posted by dsmusmc View Post
    Could do a EVO3 manifold. Has shorter runners and same ports as the 2G.

Im a fan of JMF manifolds and dont think you can go wrong.
    I already have one of those on my wife's car. I am looking for something for my personal car that will get a 2g head and a gt42.

Yes, we offer intake manifold porting for the 1g, same pricing as for the EVO. We also bore the TB's to 65mm but need cores to do it.

A 2 liter Time Attack car at 600 whp on our dyno would benefit from our intake, if it makes 550 or less on our dyno then I say stick with stock.

Stroker engines benefit much sooner from a fab'd intake over stock.
    My car makes around 400whp and I bought it with a SBR IM already on it. Should I take it off and go back to stock? I'm running 264/272 cams if that matters.

If the OP wants I can go there and take a few pics of it if need be, I live about 1.5 hours south of there. Ill be in that area this weekend. Shoot me a PM

Check out the Beyond Redline manifold here. http://www.beyondredline.com/store/i...products_id=21

Locally they are known to be a very respected shop, they do top notch work and will probably be the ones to finish up the tune on my car once winter is gone.
    Last edited by dryad001; 01-08-2010 at 05:36 PM.

wow, i just noticed that this is the dsm section...ha

I already have one of those on my wife's car. I am looking for something for my personal car that will get a 2g head and a gt42.
    They do make them for 2G heads.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_spool View Post
    im in the market for a IM right now on my project dsm car, car will be beyond the 500whp.

I was looking into the JMF drag manifold, does anyone have a link to some comparison dyno or track times?

or reccomend another manifold over the JMF drag?
    JMF has some on there site and a dyno sheet showing slightly faster spool on the "drag" over the "street" on a 35R.
    Last edited by dsmusmc; 01-08-2010 at 07:25 PM.
    6bolt w/2G head 2.2, Ross, Crower, Magnus 92mm, Supertech valves, Kiggly springs, GSC s3's, SBR fmic, Tial BOV, meth inj, s90 70mm, JMFab DRAG, 2000cc's, Aeromotive FPR, BR c.o.p., Tial 44's, BW 91/79 .91 A/R, BR 3" exhaust, twin 255 in-tank, rebuilt auto w/Kiggly 5 disk and built t-case

Out of all the manifolds we've tested, Our own "Fatboy" intake manifold smashes them all.

1G and 2G "FATBOY" Intake Manifold. We designed and built this manifold to allow for a 75mm T/B, with this design the coil pack remains in the stock position. Using the stock runners (slightly shorter) with a larger plenum gives better low and mid-range torque than a full race manifold. This manifold has supported + 800 whp on our shop car, at the same time giving great drive through the whole power curve. It can come with or without EGR and also for stock T/B set-ups. Also, these manifolds do not leak, crack or break.

PRICE = $535.00 (plus core).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast