Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FP Red Evo Heart Breaking Track Day.

Default FP Red Evo Heart Breaking Track Day.

Well I have some mixed feelings from today lol. The car ran awesome and held up like a champ. I could not hook at all on my street tires but was getting the car figured out. I went 11.00 at 129.49mph with a terrible 1.86 60ft. So I run again and the car feels awesome but when I go into 4th gear in starts bucking and stuttering and went 11.02 at 111mph. I go again and I finally hooked decent and I knew I had a 10. I shift to 4th and it stutters again and I can hear my fuel pump screaming trying to find fuel ( I ran out of gas damn it ). My 1/8th on the 11.00 run was a 7.29 and on this run my 1/8th was 7.02 so a 10 was coming no doubt about it. I was so pissed and they kicked me off the track after that plus they were closing. I was soooooooo close to a 10 on street tires. My best mph of the day was a 130.92mph.

I should also note that this is a complete street car. I drove it 3hrs to the track and beat the **** out of it then drove it 3hrs home. Pretty much any day its decent out I have the Evo running around.

MOD LIST
    Buschur Built 2.0 liter
    Buschur Stage 3 Head
    Buschur Intake with K&N cone filter
    ARP Head Studs
    Forge Boost Controller
    Greddy Kevlar Timing Belt
    Buschur LICP
    Buschur Race Intercooler
    Buschur UICP
    Tial Q BOV
    SMC alky injection
    Buschur Big Bore TB
    Buschur Ported / Coated Intake Manifold
    Precision 1000cc injectors
    Walbro 255lph FP
    Buschur BF 272 Cams
    Buschur Ported and Coated Exhaust Manifold
    FP Red Turbo Ported
    Buschur 3" DP
    3" test pipe
    Greddy Ti 3" exhaust
    Buschur Coil On Plug Ignition
    Buschur Mini Battery Kit
    AEM ECU tuned by David Buschur

damn dude that sucks!!! Get some better tires and put some gas in that bish!
    XBL GamerTag: evoluvin

FP RED
    INVIDIA TBE
    HALLMAN MBC
    TURBO XS FRONT MOUNT I/C
    HKS 280 CAMS
    ARP HEADSTUDS
    K&N INTAKE
    ACT 6 PUCK CLUTCH
    WALBRO 255 FP
    GREDDY TURBO TIMER
    AUTOMETER BOOST GAUGE
    AUTOMETER AIR FUEL GAUGE
    Tien S-Tech

SOON: METH KIT, AND 1000cc-1200cc INJECTORS

TUNED BY: CBRD
    MUELLERIZED

Nice passes! Hey does that happen to be Mason Dixon the track near Hagerstown Maryland? Thought I recognized going towards the mountains at the end of the track. If so, they don't see many fast imports around there so NICE JOB! I bet everyone was asking what you did to the car.

what tires where u using? with some drag radials you should be in the 10's

Damn, the car has great MPH, it will for sure go in the 10's. Sorry to hear you didn't quite get there! You will next time!
    David Buschur
    www.buschurracing.com

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BUSCHUR RACING DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

OFFICIAL DSM/EVO/GTR SHOOTOUT INFORMATION

First 4g63 in the 12's, 11's, 10's, 9's, 8's and 7's.
    WORLD'S FIRST EVO8 IN THE 8'S
    WORLD'S First EVO in the 9's on pump gas.
    2011 NASA Championships TTD runner-up

Bad Bish, 9.04@159.64
    Project White, E85, 10.35@138.53 mph, ECUFLASH TUNED

Congrats on the great ET and MPH! Car sounds really nice. 10's are there for sure. You have at least 1-2 tenths in your 1st - 2nd shift.

Get the car back out there and get er done!
    2006 Evolution IX (BR2.0 / FP HTA GT3794R / AEM v2 Tuned by David Buschur)

2013 Sponsors:

- Buschur Racing (440) 839.1900
    - Forced Performance (972) 984.1800
    - Tirado Custom Coatings

Best ET: 9.37 // Best MPH: 160.16 (Fastest MIVEC EVO IX Record Holder)

Quote Originally Posted by mikec View Post
    Nice passes! Hey does that happen to be Mason Dixon the track near Hagerstown Maryland? Thought I recognized going towards the mountains at the end of the track. If so, they don't see many fast imports around there so NICE JOB! I bet everyone was asking what you did to the car.
    Yep this was Mason Dixon. I normally go to PRP in PA but I will be going to Mason Dixon from now on. It is sooo much nicer than PRP. I actually didn't get to much attention and was trying to lay low so they wouldn't boot me off the track but at the end I had a bunch of people cheering me on and everyone was trying to get the owner to let me run down the street to get some fuel and make one more pass but he wouldn't let me.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny v View Post
    what tires where u using? with some drag radials you should be in the 10's
    Just some Toyo Proxes. I think next year I will try one more time with the street tires but then I will probably just pick up some stock wheels and throw some motorcycle slicks on them.

Quote Originally Posted by David Buschur View Post
    Damn, the car has great MPH, it will for sure go in the 10's. Sorry to hear you didn't quite get there! You will next time!
    Thanks man. I was actually hoping it would trap just a little more but I know the tune isnt 100% since the car developed a boost leak when you were tuning the pump/alky and you just had to button it up since we couldn't find the leak. Im thinking of picking up those new IDC injectors you have been talking about and getting a tune for E85 since I have a station close to my house. I know I can pick a few hp up from making the switch.

nice car. I didn't know Mason Dixon was still open. I would have loved the chance to run my car.

Nice vid also.

You are so close to 10s!
    Dan

BR Built and Tuned

537 on 93 oct
    622 on c16

Quote Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo View Post
    Congrats on the great ET and MPH! Car sounds really nice. 10's are there for sure. You have at least 1-2 tenths in your 1st - 2nd shift.

Get the car back out there and get er done!
    Thanks man. The 1 -2 shift was giving me fits all day since this was the first time to the track with my new setup since the car had a Green on it last year which is cake to launch lol. I put my 2 step at 5700 and didn't let it build very much boost off the line or the spinning was uncontrollable. I kept seeing the tach touching 9k in first from the car spinning so I would hit 2nd and once the tires bit it would bog a little so any tips for that? Do I just feather it through 1st gear more? I also think my clutch is on its way out because I could power shift 2nd to 3rd but 3rd to 4th there was no way in hell it was letting me do it where as last year I could do it with no problems.
    Last edited by AcePitcher11; 11-25-2009 at 12:56 AM.

O shit I only live 35 -40 minutes from Mason Dixon. I wish I knew you were going. I had a buddy that was there in his 86 496 big block Charger. I think he said it went 8.6s around 16x. Its a fiberglass tubbed drag car of course. Thats the only place I go then I drag race. Ive won a couple of import street nights there in my Talon in years past. Got tired of breaking trannys bracket racing tho.

Congrats on the Times and MPH!
    Adam Rutherford

93 awd TSi 11.69 @121 lowboost(26 psi),445whp,358tq AWD Dynojet still in the garage.

04 Evo BR built & Tuned 480 whp pump on their Dyno, 544 DynoJet STD Correction. 82HTA .63 hotside on the stock MAF

Currently SD converted 96530706 531whp 408 wtq 33psi straight Shell 93 pump CBRDs MD self retuned and set up. 1K PTEs BR double pumper

Quote Originally Posted by grntsiturbo View Post
    O shit I only live 35 -40 minutes from Mason Dixon. I wish I knew you were going. I had a buddy that was there in his 86 496 big block Charger. I think he said it went 8.6s around 16x. Its a fiberglass tubbed drag car of course. Thats the only place I go then I drag race. Ive won a couple of import street nights there in my Talon in years past. Got tired of breaking trannys bracket racing tho.

Congrats on the Times and MPH!
    I'll post up whenever I am going from now on man so maybe you can come hang out.

what clutch?
    05' Evo 8 SSL
    : : Serenity : :
    Buschur Powered

BR 2.4 - #001
    481/444

Exedy Twin.

That last pass looked great! Sucks you ran out of gas.

I wouldn't be too disappointed in the times regardless though. Good job!

I live five mins from masondixon in hagerstown. Let me know when your going again Ill take mine its stock tho...
    Matthew Matthis
    27 Maryland
    Im a Car Enthusiast, Most ppl notice the wing, then I show them the rear tow hook. Look on face... Priceless!
    Yes I let girls hang on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by AcePitcher11 View Post
    Exedy Twin.
    This is the reason Ive havent taken my car to the strip yet. I dont think It will hold. If I had the funds right now I would buy a triple and be done with it. Hopefully Ill get one by spring.
    Adam Rutherford

93 awd TSi 11.69 @121 lowboost(26 psi),445whp,358tq AWD Dynojet still in the garage.

04 Evo BR built & Tuned 480 whp pump on their Dyno, 544 DynoJet STD Correction. 82HTA .63 hotside on the stock MAF

Currently SD converted 96530706 531whp 408 wtq 33psi straight Shell 93 pump CBRDs MD self retuned and set up. 1K PTEs BR double pumper

With some more grip this thing would def go 10's. E85 will net more ponies as well. Good luck next time!
    When ya call out fake tuners ya get banned on the other sites, here ya can speak your mind and not worry about people crying to mods because its true. Highboost FTW

Quote Originally Posted by AcePitcher11 View Post
    Exedy Twin.
    No slipping issues at all?
    05' Evo 8 SSL
    : : Serenity : :
    Buschur Powered

BR 2.4 - #001
    481/444

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast