Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2G AWD 8.8 @ 165mph

Default 2G AWD 8.8 @ 165mph

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd throw this up over here for my boy Mike (gastroker on the forums, I think he may be on here). He just went 8.8 yesterday, track closed before he could make another run. I'm sure some of you recognize the car from the many Shootouts our gang comes to with him, and Ron Shearer has been a big supporter of his for a while now as well. When I met Mike years ago he was just upgrading from a Hahn turbo and piggyback management, PMS I think. Anyway, I super stoked for him and how far he's come with this car. He is just a dude that loves these cars, and has been building this thing in his garage with his friends for a long time. Congratulations Mike!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2izAlxAY8UY

Quote Originally Posted by burtreynolds View Post
    Hey guys,

Just thought I'd throw this up over here for my boy Mike (gastroker on the forums, I think he may be on here). He just went 8.8 yesterday, track closed before he could make another run. I'm sure some of you recognize the car from the many Shootouts our gang comes to with him, and Ron Shearer has been a big supporter of his for a while now as well. When I met Mike years ago he was just upgrading from a Hahn turbo and piggyback management, PMS I think. Anyway, I super stoked for him and how far he's come with this car. He is just a dude that loves these cars, and has been building this thing in his garage with his friends for a long time. Congratulations Mike!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2izAlxAY8UY

Awesome car. Congrats. Always love to see hard work and persistence pay off with good numbers.
    when the customer goes to get tuned and the tuner says who sold you this POS cam or intake or FMIC it wont ever be my name said..-Mike@awdmotorsports
    Brad Bench

Definitely sick and it has alot more in it with that baby 60 ft.
    91 GT35r'd Talon AWD
    10.56/138.08mph
    E85 Powered

Quote Originally Posted by diambo4life View Post
    Definitely sick and it has alot more in it with that baby 60 ft.
    Oh yeah, he said he actually hit boost cut in 4th, so the logs show almost .5 seconds of boost falling off! This was also his first time on full slicks ever after switchin from the QT Pros, so yeah basically there is even still a bit of dial in to be done. 8.30's are totally feesible I would say.

WOW! Running almost 129 in the 1/8 is definitely getting after it!

Congrats on your 8 sec pass!
    -Buschur Power-
    10.1 @143- 93 octane
    9.8 @149- Q16

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten

Damn, I figured it was only a matter of time until that car went 8s. One of my favorites at this years shootout and had quite a following in the stands as well. Congrats!
    1996 talon tsi
    E-85 E316g
    2010: 10.62 @ 124
    2011: 10.58 @ 136.9
    400+hp - 400+lb bench press club

I have seen this car at the DSM Shootout for the past few years, and it always seemed as if they couldn't get it out of the hole. Seems as if they have fixed that problem. Sick pass!
    Jeff Cole
    My car sucks.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and
    anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
    -- George Carlin
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmusmc View Post
    "If you wont stand behind our troops then stand in front of them."

Quote Originally Posted by talontsi92 View Post
    I have seen this car at the DSM Shootout for the past few years, and it always seemed as if they couldn't get it out of the hole. Seems as if they have fixed that problem. Sick pass!
    Yup i was thinking the same thing!!!!
    XBL GamerTag: evoluvin

FP RED
    INVIDIA TBE
    HALLMAN MBC
    TURBO XS FRONT MOUNT I/C
    HKS 280 CAMS
    ARP HEADSTUDS
    K&N INTAKE
    ACT 6 PUCK CLUTCH
    WALBRO 255 FP
    GREDDY TURBO TIMER
    AUTOMETER BOOST GAUGE
    AUTOMETER AIR FUEL GAUGE
    Tien S-Tech

SOON: METH KIT, AND 1000cc-1200cc INJECTORS

TUNED BY: CBRD
    MUELLERIZED

Very impressive, that's hauling ass for sure. Is it a 5 speed or auto?
    David Buschur
    www.buschurracing.com

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BUSCHUR RACING DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

OFFICIAL DSM/EVO/GTR SHOOTOUT INFORMATION

First 4g63 in the 12's, 11's, 10's, 9's, 8's and 7's.
    WORLD'S FIRST EVO8 IN THE 8'S
    WORLD'S First EVO in the 9's on pump gas.
    2011 NASA Championships TTD runner-up

Bad Bish, 9.04@159.64
    Project White, E85, 10.35@138.53 mph, ECUFLASH TUNED

Congrats! I've said it on other forums, but this one has been a favorite of mine for a while, it was cool to see the Modified article a couple years back and get a little back story on it. Congrats on hitting the 8's!
    WOOT! 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
    Stockish
    11.146 @ 118.17 14b

Sponsored by Brian 5150's parts

David, It's a 5 speed.

Congrats Michael! Car is haulin ass for sure. Will you have a chance to run it again this season?
    Mike Rizzotti
    Best ET - 9.98
    Best MPH - 143
    First DSM stock shortblock in the 9's!

Man that car is absolutely flying and it looks gorgeous going down the track too..

well done
    ~WARREN~
    03 evo -(gt35r) 10.86@ 134.73 (best mph 137.13)..
    90 GST 10.361 @ 142.49 (GT42, 30 psi, auto trans) (best mph 147.10 ; best 60 ' 1.691)
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23...ignature-1.jpg

Awesome car! Good luck with it and keep us updated for sure.
    Chris
    90 GSX
    BR stage 3 2.0L, AEM EMS, FP3052

Wow, thanks for all the compliments guys!!! It has definitely been a long road from being my DD years back. Andrew, you're truly a great friend. Thank you for always standing behind me. (don't get any funny ideas)
    I don't think I will get any more passes this year, most the tracks in GA are closing up until February and Florida is a bit pricy for the Holiday season. I've made it out to more races this year than I ever have before...including Buschur's Shootout (which I always attend). The motor isn't hurt any, so I'm just gonna given it a good refreshing this winter and have everything inspected. Next race will probably bethe IFO in Gainesville, FL in January.
    Last edited by gastroker; 11-17-2009 at 08:01 PM.

I feel its necessary to copy my original post from gadsm.org so my feelings towards everyone who's helped me out gets conveyed. So here, it is:

Ok, so Sunday was a good day. I took first place for Fastest Car at the NC/SC Shootout. And I also got a new personal best and a little Record under the belt. The car has a lot more left in it. My 60 ft wasn't that great and I actually hit boost cut right around the 1/8th mile.
    I honestly think the car will go 8.4's or 8.3's as it sits. Just tweaking the tune and suspension.

This is gonna seem cheesy, but I have to do a thank you list for all the people that have stuck with me through all the troubles and kept pushing me to do better.

Doug @ Topspeed - he's the first person to get my car running back in '05 when I built my motor and had just installed AEM in my driveway in (ghetto)Riverdale. This man drove to my house from (not Ghetto)Alpharetta, not knowing who I was, and got my shit running. It's been a great partnership ever since. BIG Thanks for all you've done for me and for making the trek out to NC with me yesterday (on your daughter's bday no less) and sprinkling the Topspeed fairy dust on the tune to make it happen.

Colleen - for putting up with me and staying with me. And being a very supportive girlfriend. You are too good to me and I couldn't do it without you.

Kevin Kiggly - For all the advise and random phone calls you would take from me when I couldn't figure something out. You've been a great help!

Dustin S (Creekside Boys): Dude, you've been one of the biggest supporters for me and a truly great friend. Thank you so much for helping me with ideas, building shit, borrowing shit (your tires just went 8's homie lol), fixing shit, etc...Your car WILL be a priority this next season and you WILL be beside me at the track next season!!!

Ron Shearer - you're my boy and you've helped me out several times and you are also a great supporter and a good friend. it means a lot when you come all the way down from Ohio, just to watch me break, and then still associate yourself with me the next day! Thanx brother!

Turbo Dave - for keeping me safe with the new cage. We will be doing a lot more business together. GOt some good ideas for the winter.

Everyone at GADSM & NABR who's watched me go from a broken car for many years to where I'm at today and always stood behind me.

John Shep - Of course I have thank you as well. There's no way in hell I could have done it without your tranny. your dogbox has been probably the single most important and reliable piece I've ever bought for the car. I got it from you 2 years ago and not a had a single problem with it and never missed 1 gear. The only thing I've done to it is changed the fluid, which came out looking as clean as it did when it went in.
    Thank you for that.

**Edit** Chris Durr - I totally forgot, even after we talked about it on the way home Sunday night from NC. Thanks for always coming out and helping with everything. You've been a great friend and supporter and always there to help a brother out.

If I left anyone out, please don't take it personal. I will come back and edit it. I'm a bit loopy from lack of sleep over this past weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by David Buschur View Post
    Very impressive, that's hauling ass for sure. Is it a 5 speed or auto?
    Thanks David!
    Here's a little nostalgia for ya. Remember back in 2006 when you guys ran your first 8 in the black Evo.....that's me in the other lane!

Quote Originally Posted by gastroker View Post
    Wow, thanks for all the compliments guys!!! It has definitely been a long road from being my DD years back. Andrew, you're truly a great friend. Thank you for always standing behind me. (don't get any funny ideas)
    I don't think I will get any more passes this year, most the tracks in GA are closing up until February and Florida is a bit pricy for the Holiday season. I've made it out to more races this year than I ever have before...including Buschur's Shootout (which I always attend). The motor isn't hurt any, so I'm just gonna given it a good refreshing this winter and have everything inspected. Next race will probably bethe IFO in Gainesville, FL in January.
    No doubt dude. I couldn't even change my own oil before we met! Can't wait to see what she does next year, and of course to see you guys again in Ohio! The Shootout then Cedar Point was probably the highlight of my summer this year.

Nice nostalgia! Thanks for always coming to the shootout too! Glad you enjoy it. The car is impessive, very good job again.
    David Buschur
    www.buschurracing.com

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BUSCHUR RACING DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

OFFICIAL DSM/EVO/GTR SHOOTOUT INFORMATION

First 4g63 in the 12's, 11's, 10's, 9's, 8's and 7's.
    WORLD'S FIRST EVO8 IN THE 8'S
    WORLD'S First EVO in the 9's on pump gas.
    2011 NASA Championships TTD runner-up

Bad Bish, 9.04@159.64
    Project White, E85, 10.35@138.53 mph, ECUFLASH TUNED

Put the turd away and lets go boarding somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast