Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Buschur Racing Genesis Coupe FMIC and Intercooler Piping Thread

Quote Originally Posted by blackout
    Shame most of it will be hidden once you put the bumper on. They need a more open front bumper .
    Yeah, maybe Dave and the gang will come up with something.
    **Sig Under Construction Thank You For Your Patience**

You guys should just only produce the race fmic, i really do not see anybody wasting time on the standard, but i guess its good to have another option.. *thumbs up*
    Keeping Mitsubishi in business since 2003..

This morning when Santa in the brown outfit showed up so did these....

We received our FIRST set of actual production IC pipes and intake pipe in from the bender. This is what they look like when they arrive to us, we have to finalize the product with cuts, bead rolls, etc... Trent is in the back working with them now and I hope to be able to have them powder coated and in the car for this weekend event that we're hosting. If not... they will have to be installed bare and then removed for coating later.

We should be seeing more piping arrive this week & next week.

The exhaust is still a little bit behind.
    Jarrod Barnett
    Sales Manager

www.BUSCHURRACING.com

[B]Buschur Racing
    24 West Main St.
    Wakeman, OH 44889
    Phone:440.839.1900

Here is the finished product IC pipes & intake after they arrived back from the coater.

and on the car

We will be offering the pipes in different powder coating options as well as a brushed or polished finish. White is what I chose just to try something a bit different than what Ive used on other cars. Im happy with the choice.
    Jarrod Barnett
    Sales Manager

www.BUSCHURRACING.com

[B]Buschur Racing
    24 West Main St.
    Wakeman, OH 44889

Good luck keeping those clean..
    Keeping Mitsubishi in business since 2003..

Its not hard.
    Jarrod Barnett
    Sales Manager

www.BUSCHURRACING.com

[B]Buschur Racing
    24 West Main St.
    Wakeman, OH 44889

Default Jrod, need a little help.....

As you know, I purchased a lightly used Buschur Race FMIC for my GenCoupe a good while back from you & appreciate the great deal you gave me on it. I have 2 issues that I was hoping you could help me with.

First off, I have a Mishimito radiator installed & it looks like the IC piping will not clear the radiator. I was wondering if you had heard of or run across this issue with anyone else's build? If need be, I will sell the radiator & reinstall the OEM one, because the Race FMIC is more important to me than the upgraded radiator, but I would like to make sure that it is not an install error before I go through the trouble of swapping radiators & taking a loss of the Mishimito I purchased.

The second thing I was wondering is what coupler that I'm missing from the shipment & how soon I could get a replacement from you guys? I just recently opened the box containing the IC piping & hardware to begin assembly & found that I had both of the glossy couplers with one end having a smaller diameter than the other (the ones that mount to the turbo & throttle body), I alson have both of the 3" long couplers & one 2" long one. So I'm missing one black coupler & believe it may also be a 2", but not sure. I have all of the clamps, the 4 wrinkle finished IC pipes & of course the intercooler. But I'm missing one coupler & I'm not sure the size since I have not installed the piping due to it not clearing the Mishimito radiator.

Could you please advise me of which coupler I need?
    The price it would cost me shipped to Columbus, GA 31909? (If there if there a charge)
    Since it is my own fault for not taking invetory of everything when I first received the merchandice from you, I would understand if there is a cost....
    Also; how long it would take to get this out to me?

Thanks brother,

Jerry "Tufast" from genesisforums.org
    Last edited by Tufast; 05-17-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Long time no talk man, I hope all is well.

I have no idea on the radiator. Sorry.

As for the coupling did you check inside one of the other couplings to make sure it wasnt inside one of them? I remember while uninstalling everything throwing it all in a box behind us so im positive everything was in there. Not sure how it could have gotten missed.

Is the coupling you need a straight 2 1/2"????

Give me a call. Its easier.
    Jarrod Barnett
    Sales Manager

www.BUSCHURRACING.com

[B]Buschur Racing
    24 West Main St.
    Wakeman, OH 44889

Default Thanks for the response Jrod

Thanks for hitting me back up & sorry for the long hiatus since the last time we spoke. I confirmed it was a 3" long straight coupler that was missing. I would like to order it via paypal if that's cool. I will try to give you a call tomorrow.

The car is coming together slowly but surely. Not making any serious #s yet as I'm still just installing bolt-ons & haven't got her tuned. But I'm starting to put stuff together hoping to have my Stage1 complete before fall. Me, Stevejohns & surfmavrik are trying to get into the 12s on stock turbo with stock engine. I think surfmavrik has already gotten down to 13.3, so we're pretty sure it is possible with enough bolt-ons, our WOT box & some sticky tires. Once we've achieved that, each of us will be looking into turbo upgrades. I plan to use a TD05-18G for my Stage2 & a GTX3076 for my final Stage3 which will include a full engine buiild bored & stroked to 2.4L along with sleeving. Of course things can change & all depends on funds. I currently have 4 sponsors & possibly 2 more in the works, so we'll see how it goes.

Anywho, listen out fo my call tomorrow...

users a slight weight reduction. When the charge air enters the end tank, it travels through tubes in which the heat is transferred via fins where cooler ambient air passes over the tubes. This further removes heat from the air before exiting the opposite end tank en route to the engine. All in all, the tube and fin intercooler is perfect for the tuners building their first custom turbo systems on limited budgets. The disadvantages to the tube and fin intercooler is that its effective efficiency is lower when compared to a similar sized bar and plate intercooler.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12