Thread: Question regarding psi in every gear for a 350?

Default Question regarding psi in every gear for a 350?

I never noticed this before but what psi does the BR350 run in each gear all the way to fifth. I just noticed I am hitting 16-17psi in fourth and then a slow creep to 19 in fifth. Thanks.

That doesn't sound right at all. Take it to BR for inspection.
    -Mike "Spoolin"

As much as I would love to have that privilege they aren't exactly in my neck of the woods, I'm in DC.
    I suspect a boost leak, but the thing is am not sure when this occured. Did this happen recently, pre-clutch install or after?? Possibly something wasn't tightened down after the install?? My purpose in going through all this is to establish if the local tune shop is responsible and needs to attend to my boost issue. That is why I am trying to find out what boost do I normally run from 1-5.

Check all connections to make sure they are tight.Any place that would give you a boost leak,like intercooler connections,throttle body (uicp,very common)etc.,etc.Ever have this problem before?What brand bov are you using?

Danny, how you doin? It is the same BOV I bought the car with 1G crushed BOV.
    Checked all connections, boost leak test....and I think it is the crushed 1G BOV.
    No prob. I sourced another 1G...but now I got to figure out how to crush the darn thing.

Default crushed 1G

Put in a table vise with a piece oboard over the top,and slowly crush it until it just about touches the base of the valve,boost problem solved.As far as your two step,i was thinking when they installed the clutch they most likely diconnected the 2 step switch.Look under the clutch pedal and see if its disconnected.You told me before the clutch install it was working like stock,so they must have definetly unpligged it so you can launch higher in the rpm,s for a better launch than the stock 5k factory setting.I would bet my ass on it.Give me a call about the crushed valve to see if your boost is back up,and check and re connect the 2 step switch,which will have you back to bouncing off the rev limiter a 5k again.With the switch not connected you will just rev as high as you hold the gas pedal without it hitting any limit.To get the 2 step raised to around 5800 or 6k it will have to be done through the ECU.

So whats the verdict?Did crushing the 1G bring back your boost,and did the clutch installer disconnect the two step?call me and let me know whats going on ,Danny

Actually, after purchasing the car from you I never tried launching, now I do recall later on when I got my brakes done at a local tune shop, a week or two later I tried to launch and could rev higher then 5K, they may have pulled that switch...I don't know.
    I got my boost leak test done but I personally think some shops are not very thorough, there is a leak somewhere don't exactly know where, just yet, but I have a hunch it might be the issue described in this 'thread' This boost leak occured after the clutch install though, can't point my finger at the moment. I have dealt with some really shady characters from tune shops that I am having to do all that I can myself. The 1g BOV is fine that came with the car, it is not the issue that I thought it was. Going to add a Manual boost controller see if that helps stabalize it in the lower gears. Do some leak testing of my own.