Your AD Here    Shootout 2    NHTrailers

Thread: Perrin o2 simulator

Default Perrin o2 simulator

I searched the forums and the internet, and couldn't find the answer, so here it is.

Got a perrin o2 simulator, but the directions are for installing on an evo. Does anyone know how to install these on a 2g?

THe simulator has a white, white-black, red, and black wires.

Instructions say black just gets grounded. The evo instructions are below in case someone like me goes looking for them, but they make no sense to me.

These are what my directions say, in case someone with an evo is actually looking for these instructions, they mean nothing to me:
    These directions make no sense, but here they are:
    Instructions say, *on an evo*
    red wire from simulator connects to red wire with yellow stripe
    black wire with ring terminal on ismulator to body ground
    white wire on simulator to the side of the wire leading toward rear rear of vheicle (towards actual o2 sensor)
    white-black wire on simulator to white vheicle wire leading toward front of vehicle

As for what wires it's talking about:
    Loacate shifter box. Just to the right is a smooth gloss bkac wire harness shield. (Note: this is not the ribbed wire loom!) Inside are the wires leading from rear o2 sensor to the ecu. Cut open shielding, inside you will find red wire with yellow stripe, blue wire with yellow stripe, shielded wires. Split this shielding to reveal a white wire and a black wire. From there, do the wiring above.
    for sale: 99 eclipse spyder gst, with all of its problems

auto->man swap; lsd; slowboy ss clutch line; massive greddy fmic (to cool my t25); 1 strut tower bar; Perrin o2 eliminator; 2.5" exhaust- muffler but catless; fp sleeper 16g; ported o2 housing; Lowe's bc; ported exhaust mani, [built 6 bolt swap, wiseco, crower rod, bc i/e272's, ported 1g head]

It would be so much better if they actually told you what circut to connect them to and the color. If they did that then you could just look at the schematic and hook it up. Like for instance if the red/yellow wire is the 02 sensor signal, white wire is the low reference etc. you could just do it that way. If you can't find anything on this then just try and find a schematic for the 02 sensor on an evo and just reference it to your car. Sorry I couldn't come up with something better for you man.
    90 talon tsi head slightly ported, arp everything, ported mani & 02 housing, buschur 2.5 mandrel turbo back & test pipe mbc 2600 clutch HKS 272s maft and both IC pipes E III 16g 650 inj walbro 255 afpr
    coming soon E-manage Ultimate. (When I get off my lazy ass and put it in)

Should have called us and bought the mechanical 02 fix instead, no wiring required.
    David Buschur
    www.buschurracing.com

COBB TUNING DEALER AND PRO TUNER

BUSCHUR RACING on FACEBOOK

BUSCHUR RACING DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT on FACEBOOK

OFFICIAL DSM/EVO/GTR SHOOTOUT INFORMATION

First 4g63 in the 12's, 11's, 10's, 9's, 8's and 7's.
    WORLD'S FIRST EVO8 IN THE 8'S
    WORLD'S First EVO in the 9's on pump gas.
    2011 NASA Championships TTD runner-up

Bad Bish, 9.04@159.64
    Project White, E85, 10.35@138.53 mph, ECUFLASH TUNED

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Should have called us and bought the mechanical 02 fix instead, no wiring required.

dammit dave, could have saved me all that trouble.

Let's be honest though, I started drooling a little bit when I called perrin and the guy there said that they no longer produce them due to problems with the EPA. I started thinking to myself, ha, yeah, screw the government and it's burdensome legislation!

I bet the mechanical fix would have been cheaper then this electric device as well.

(It's just that my buschur racing rep, that of Rogue, didn't even know these things existed. His response was "whhaaa??")

I'll wait till monday and call perrin and then when I have my answer post it up here for the rest of you. Time to go check out this mechanical fix.

auto->man swap; lsd; slowboy ss clutch line; massive greddy fmic (to cool my t25); 1 strut tower bar; Perrin o2 eliminator; 2.5" exhaust- muffler but catless; fp sleeper 16g; ported o2 housing; Lowe's bc; ported exhaust mani, [built 6 bolt swap, wiseco, crower rod, bc i/e272's, ported 1g head]

Default ... help

I called perrin and the guy there basically said that since they no longer can produce it, support for it has also been dropped. He said, since I had the instructions, and if I had a diagram for my car that I'd be able to figure it out with the added information that "red is power and black is ground". Does anyone know what this means? I'll put up the instructions in another post. First kick in the butt.

Second kick in the butt: he said that it does not completely eliminate the o2 sensor and that you'll still need to have it in the exhaust. Maybe I should have just ghetto-rigged the one on vfaq.com...

Has anyone installed one of these before on a 2g? I'm sol right now.
    Last edited by jake; 02-12-2007 at 05:32 PM.

Default full perrin instructions

Here are the full perrin instructions for an evo:

Perrin Evolution O2 Simulator

Thank you for purchasing the Perrin O2 simulator. Installation of this kit should only be performed by persons experienced in the installation and proper operation of Mitsubishi suspension systems.
    THIS PART IS INTENDED FOR OFF-ROAD COMPETITION USE ONLY! IT IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE ON PUBLIC STREETS AND HIGHWAYS NOR ON ANY POLLUTION CONTROLLED VEHICLE IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA.
    Please read through all the instructions before performing the installing.

1) Apply parking brake, and disconnect battery.
    2) Remove shift knob.
    3) Remove center console:
    - (2) Screws under ashtray
    - (2) Screws inside console storage box. (Storage box then pulls up and out.)
    - (2) Screws at rear of front console
    - (2) Covers at both sides of forward portion of console. Then remove the screw revealed under each cover.
    - Lift and remove console.
    4) Locate shifter box. Just to the right is a smooth gloss black wire harness shield. (NOTE: This is not the ribbed wire loom!) Inside are the wires leading from rear O2 sensor to the ECU.
    5) Using suitable tool split shielding lengthwise. NOTE: Do NOT cut wires! Inside shielding you will find:
    - (1) Red wire with yellow stripe
    - (1) Blue wire with yellow stripe
    - (1) Shielded wire.
    6) As in step 5) split shielding using suitable tool to expose two additional wires inside shielded wire:
    - (1) White wire
    - (1) Black wire
    7) Connect wires from O2 simulator to vehicle as follows: (See diagram for further detail)
    - Red wire from simulator connects to red wire with yellow stripe.
    - Black wire with ring terminal on simulator needs to be connected to good body ground.
    - Cut white wire on vehicle. Using supplied connectors; connect white wire on simulator to the side of the wire leading toward rear of vehicle (towards actual O2 sensor). Connect white wire with black stripe on simulator to white vehicle wire leading toward front of vehicle (towards the ECU.)

(NOTE: ONLY CUT WHITE WIRE! CONNECT ENDS WITH SUPPLIED CONNECTORS OR SOLDER. BE SURE TO SOLDER AND INSULATE CONNECTION TO RED WIRE! IF ANY OTHER WIRES ARE CUT THE SIMULATOR WILL NOT WORK.)

8) Reconnect battery.
    9) Turn ignition key to on position. If red LED on simulator illuminates and blinks, wiring is correct. Remove ignition key.
    10) Secure simulator away from interference using supplied wire ties.
    11) Install console in reverse order.
    12) Re-install shift knob.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Alright now with that schematic you should be able to do this with no problem. All you need is a schematic of your position 2 02 sensor. Cut the signal wire of the 02 sensor and splice the white and black wire into the signal wire going to the sensor and splice the white wire into the signal wire going to the ECU. The red wire on the simulator will splice into the 12V popwer source to the sensor. (that wire should be for the heater element since it's feeding 12V to the sensor. Then you just ground the simulator to the body somewhere. You're going to need to get a schematic of your 02 sensor. If I can find one tomorrow at work I'll get you all the info you need to hook it up. I should be able to get the diagram since we finally got ALL DATA at work now. If I can't get one and you can find one just e-mail it to me and I'll check it out and tell you what to hook where. I'll try and find one tomorrow though so you don't have to dig one up.
    90 talon tsi head slightly ported, arp everything, ported mani & 02 housing, buschur 2.5 mandrel turbo back & test pipe mbc 2600 clutch HKS 272s maft and both IC pipes E III 16g 650 inj walbro 255 afpr

Weather finally got warm enough and I went out and under my seat. My 2g wire colors are all different then then the instructions.
    My wire colors are as follows:
    White
    Black
    Red with silver bands
    Yellow with black stripe and silver bands

I've got alldatadiy.com for my eclipse, but I need help from someone with schematics for the evo.

If anyone has a diagram for an evo downstream o2 sensor I'm sure I could figure it out...

Jake, Why do you need the schematic for the evo 02 sens0or? They give it to you in the instructions you posted in this thread. All you have to do is find out what wire is what on your car and transfer that to the instructions. If you need me to just tell me what wires are what on your car and I'll figure it out and tell you what goes where. But you should be able to do it with just finding out the schematic on your car and just changine the woire colors on the instructions to what they are on your car.

he is currently on crack.
    05' Evo 8 SSL
    : : Serenity : :
    Buschur Powered

BR 2.4 - #001
    481/444

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue
    he is currently on crack.

yeah... crack...

I missed the little part at the top of the diagram that said 12v, signal, and whatever else it says. .... crack.

Anyway for a 2g, the red'ish wire is power, the signal wire is still the white wire.

I wired mine into the o2 sensor side so if need be, changing the o2 sensor wipes out all of this.

Give me a couple days and i'll let you know if it was all right or if something started smoking.

It's wired in right now, and when the ignition is on, the red light on the perrin o2 simulator is blinking, so I think that that means everything is copacetic.

Right now my palm/logger batteries are in my cable remote control...

I have had one on my car for two years now with now problems. I also had trouble finding accurate instructions. Mine didn't come from perrin though!

Srry just found my message I havnt been here in a while. Busy with work/school. My car is at my parents house for the winter. Only place I have room in a garage. My next trip over there I will take a look and let you know what I did.
    Last edited by 2gmitsueclipse; 02-25-2007 at 03:55 AM.
    99 gst-EVO III 16g+ manifold port matched, dsmlink v2, 660's,wal 255,aeromotive fpr, extern. dump, full 3inch ss exhaust, act 2600 +flywheel, eibach+kyb, quaife equipped, 1g p+p head.