Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Buschur Racing dyno thread.....new developments.

You could have an open element filter in the EVO class last year and in the the DSM class you can have the air box cut to make it open or a FIPK kit in the 2g's. The big change was allowing the addition of an aftermarket FMIC kit.

David Buschur

Been dyno testing constantly as is apparent by this thread.

Been going back and forth with different stock turbo combinations. The stock turbo clipped, ported, 10.5 housing, ti-al turbine wheels etc.

Here is what I have found so far.

By far the best spooling turbo is the ti-al turbine wheel in the ported stock EVO turbine housing.

Highest HP number was achieved with the 10.5 housing, ti-al wheel.

Best dyno chart overall is the clipped stock turbine wheel inside a ported stock turbine housing.

Right now we are going to try one more change and run the clipped turbine wheel in the 10.5 housing. This is the only combination I haven't tried yet, I am expecting the best results from this.

David Buschur
    www.buschurracing.com

Can you run 28psi with your stage 3 w/272-272 cams and the alcohol kit and Buschur flash. This would be with 93 octane.

Cant belive this is the 1st time i read this thread. Thats some good info David. So if you were me what would be the next step you would take in modifying my Evo? You Know I dont look anywhere else for answers than you guys!

Thanks Joe Norris

Whiteevo,

28 psi on alky and 93 octane is definetely pushing it. I don't usually go over 25 psi on the alky.

Joe,

From where you are now I'd probably get another flash done, add the alky and you can do the throttle body/intake and port the stock exhaust parts. Al is coming back the 15th of April he could do a custom flash for you. If you stick with running race gas at the track, as I know you do now then it might not be worth while to do the alky. Give me a call or stop out sometime if you want to talk about it.

David Buschur

This is next and hopefully this afternoon. I think this is going to be the solution to high boost with the stock turbo. If the boost will maintain more than 17 psi on the RS we are going to see some much improved numbers.

David Buschur

Quote Originally Posted by David

This is next and hopefully this afternoon. I think this is going to be the solution to high boost with the stock turbo. If the boost will maintain more than 17 psi on the RS we are going to see some much improved numbers.

David Buschur
    Now THAT looks nice! How much for that setup?

Keith

That set up complete the way it is there would be $550.

David Buschur

how far in advance would i need to set up a day to get my car tuned? i have heard nothing but good things, and am dying to get mine possibly flashed and tuned. just need to know what steps i need to take. i am looking to possbily head up your way early july. any info would be greatly appreciated, THANKS!

We are going nuts here getting ready for the new dyno. We sold our dynojet and are waiting for our new Mustang Dyno. We just started building today, a brand new building for the new dyno. The dyno should be here end of June, tuning appointment after that, I can get you in quick.

David Buschur

Default Good Luck

I just wanted to wish u guys luck. Can't wait till u guys start doing dyno and tuning days. I wanna come back to get stage 4 and do a tuning session on the new dyno Hope everything works out
    05' Graphite Gray MR BR Stage 6 W/ 20G LT and some extra goodies

Default Question for David...

I just had my Buscher 3" TBE installed. Nice piece. However, I chose the off road pipe and the Magnaflow muffler. I was hoping this combo would be perfect decibel wise. It is just a smidge too loud for me. I am thinking of adding a small resonator? Or would I be better off with the high flow cat? add to the mix a just had a baseflash from Al this past weekend and I am wondering if either of these changes would mess with my baseflash? I was going for a custom tune but Al determined I had a bad fuel pump. He suggested a Walbro 255. He then flashed me for that combo.... your thoughts?

magnecore wires
    3" Buscher TBE
    Hallman MBC

I will call you for the pump ASAP

If the system is still to loud put the highflow cat in the car. Don't mess with a resonator, many of them rob HUGE amounts of power and as long as you are doing this you may as well have the car emission legal for the street.

David Buschur

david. are you going to re-dyno the parts that you have already done on the 2wd dyno on the awd dyno?? or are you going to pick up were you left off with dynoing all the diffrent cam combos??
    br stage 3+

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234