PDA

View Full Version : Today's Shootout!!

M_Acceleration
10-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Give me some updates! I wanted to go, but I figured it would have been depressing because I don't have a dsm anymore, and I didn't want to show up in my Si...

Does anybody have pics or videos? Has the BR drag car have any times yet??

anybody know if norwalk still has the live video web cam??

Spoolin0nYou
10-13-2007, 03:24 PM
anybody know if norwalk still has the live video web cam??

It's listed here, but says you HAVE to run IE to view it. GAY!

http://www.summitmotorsportspark.com/portlets/live-video.html/

frsh90tsi
10-13-2007, 06:30 PM
lots of great races :D
props to david bushur and company for puting all this together

sbstar
10-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Again a huge thanks to David and the crew putting this on! Some good races and an even better time as always. Great to see many friends that we don't get to see often. AMS laid down a sweet 8.71 @ 171 as the last run of the day as well! I'm not sure what happened to the Buschur car...heard rear end trouble or something.

Lonnie gandee
10-13-2007, 07:18 PM
I got closer to my 11 second run. Bigtime i think.

Was trappin 117-119 all day. But couldnt hook, as I'm sure I wont be last to say
that today.

A couple of 2.0 6o ft's and a 12.115 and a 12.100 and a bunch of 12.20's and 12.30's.

Look at the numbers:

60ft....... 2.007
330ftt.....5.390
1/8th......8.037@94.20
1000ft....10.329
1/4 .......12.257@117.18

Then i hooked and 3rd gear was breakin up and i let off early

60ft.... 1.826
1/8.......7.607@92:eek:
1/4.......12.115@103:eek:

I know that run would have been deep into the 11's!!! I'm thinkin 11.7ish!!

22psi 110 octane!

I'm glad i didnt break as ALOT of people did!!!!

Anyone else break a p.r.

vwjeff
10-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Yeah thanks to BR for a great show. I thought the turn out was alittle weak, but I had a great time!

Traction was horrible, I was cutting 1.9 60fts all day:(

My best was an 11.06 at 127 with my 1 and only 1.84 60ft.

I was talking to Daniel and David and he thinks there stock TC went out. On there first run the black car spun the front tires so bad through 1st all I could say was... DAMN:eek: .

9sec9
10-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Traction was the word of the day!

talontsi92
10-13-2007, 10:13 PM
ams broke something, magnus blew the headgasket, buschur broke something... not sure what... someone broke a rear axle, the MAGNUM evo had drivetrain issues..

and there was a very angry man in a gray evo who popped something at the line... i mean it was nasty sounding...

2step ..............

THUNNNNK..
it got a collective "ooooh" from the people near me.

BlueMR2
10-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Had a flat tire on the DSM the night before and didn't have time to take care of it (shops already closed, no time this morning since I have a 2 hour drive to the event, etc.) so I had to drive out in my daily beater MR2.

Didn't get to join in the fun, but had a great time watching! Was the first SO ever that I didn't buy the pound of ice cream for $1 :) I think the weatherman was off by about 10 degrees. No way it got to the mid-60's that were predicted!

Ran into a couple people I knew, but looks like an awful lot of them just couldn't make the re-schedule date :(

Good times for those of us that were there... :)

93Rs
10-14-2007, 12:29 AM
Shootout was pretty bad. Pretty chilly....all in all i had a good time, got me a buschur hoodie:D . But i spun a rod bearing at the tnt the night before:( horse poo!!!

93eclipsegsx
10-14-2007, 01:01 AM
we were chit chatting with the guy in the gray evo. he said he blew the transfer case. we were both waiting on tow trucks bc we had a laser that spun a bearing. it sucked, finally got picked up at 6:30.

93Rs
10-14-2007, 02:54 AM
What color was this laser your talking about??? Did anyone happen to see the slow arse laser. It was two tone , the top half was like a hunter green and the bottom was silver?>??????? My car isnt fast, but thats an exact replica of my car but pretty pussy slow..........

had to be a 93---93'

BISHILVR
10-14-2007, 06:30 AM
What color was this laser your talking about??? Did anyone happen to see the slow arse laser. It was two tone , the top half was like a hunter green and the bottom was silver?>??????? My car isnt fast, but thats an exact replica of my car but pretty pussy slow..........

had to be a 93---93'
Yeah, that was the Mountain Dew sponsored laser...:eek:

BISHILVR
10-14-2007, 06:31 AM
we were chit chatting with the guy in the gray evo. he said he blew the transfer case. we were both waiting on tow trucks bc we had a laser that spun a bearing. it sucked, finally got picked up at 6:30.
And I hung out with you guys while we painted moustaches on people with glass chalk...funny how both trucks ended up coming at the exact same time.:o

BISHILVR
10-14-2007, 07:12 AM

had to be a 93---93'
It looked like this:

Lonnie gandee
10-14-2007, 07:49 AM
Yeah, that was the Mountain Dew sponsored laser...:eek:

Your thinking of the "Sprite" ,"Mellow Yellow car". Thats my homeboy.:) It couldnt of been his car that was slow, i seen sower yesterday. He's a fwd, and spins through third gear. 14.4@106mph his best. Its fast on the highway.

Everytime he has his car out, its like a chik magnet? 3 girls talked to him at different times.
2 inquired about his taillights.

My car has a big mitsu diamond star on the rear hatch.

dd_man
10-14-2007, 10:50 AM
The strangest thing I saw was the lebaron, WTF was that all about?

BISHILVR
10-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah, thats what everyone was saying. I dont think that it was 4g63 powered? I do know that some of them were turbos though. Yeah, come to think of it the guy above was talking about a green/silver not the green/yellow car.

93Rs
10-14-2007, 12:09 PM
this is what it looked like but diff wheels, this is what my car looks like.(its not my actual car) And I couldnt get traction friday.....im sure i coulda turned a better time than my 14.5. But the car im talking about couldnt have been turbohttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/717324/2

93Rs
10-14-2007, 12:12 PM
http://ivory.lm.com/~dakota/images/laser2.jpg

But instead of black and silver its green??

93eclipsegsx
10-14-2007, 04:41 PM
hey bishilvr are you the one with the evo? or the 2g running speed density?

StreetThisEvo
10-14-2007, 07:50 PM
That was me who blew apart my front diff in my transfer case. Shit happens what can you do. I ran a personal best ET and MPH and got to race John Shepherd in the final round. :D

93eclipsegsx
10-14-2007, 08:08 PM
well its nice to put a face to a name, i was the one wearing the buschur sweatshirt for part of the time and then the red winter coat

oldschoolaudi
10-14-2007, 09:18 PM

had to be a 93---93'
Yes, the car was driven by my friend, Nathan Stover, who also happend to come in 3rd place in the B2 class. This was his first time at a DSM shootout, and only his second racing. He was cutting some amazing fucking lights, one of the most amazing reactions of the day with like a .009....... Anyhow, the car was not turbo, and had a tiger japanesse 7 bolt jdm 4g63. That is it, and an n1 exhaust. He had a real good day, and had lots of fun. Sure it wasnt the fastest, but he is a DSMr just like me, and you.
Anyhow, the lebaron pissed me off because he is the one that ended up beating Nathan, when Nate broke out. I did not agree with the Lebaron being in the bracket, but wtf ever.... It was him, and a very nice guy from 2gnt with a damn quick 2g....... It was a good day, and I cant wait to bring a DSM back next year and set off some times.......

Spoolin0nYou
10-14-2007, 10:56 PM

If it was red, that LeBaron was at the Shootout in August. IIRC, it was 4g63 swapped. He was doing burnouts @ EconoLodge where I stayed.

93Rs
10-14-2007, 11:13 PM
didnt mean to offend. Chill man i was just wondering. LOL I figured it was turbo when i first saw it at the line and then it ran like an 17 or something. I was like :confused:

Spoolin0nYou
10-14-2007, 11:17 PM
didnt mean to offend. Chill man i was just wondering. LOL I figured it was turbo when i first saw it at the line and then it ran like an 17 or something. I was like :confused:

I wasn't offended. I have no idea why you took it that way?

Lonnie gandee
10-14-2007, 11:19 PM
I wasn't offended. I have no idea why you took it that way?

I think he means the laser?

93Rs
10-14-2007, 11:21 PM
old skool audi.

Spoolin0nYou
10-15-2007, 01:31 AM
I think he means the laser?

Possibly. :p

02lanceroz
10-15-2007, 02:46 AM

Yea in b-2 class it only has to be a mitu car/or eng. and that lebaron has a mitu eng in it... that is how i got to race my 08 lancer :rolleyes: there it was a mitu and non turbo.. but cant say much a about that lebaron it won the b-2 race he was omost right on the money every time... ::eek: and i was happy to c it because atlest something was slower then my 08 lancer o yeah i was faster the that non turbo laser too :confused: :eek:... but it was a great time i will be there next year and so on until it isn't happenen any more( i ran a 16.54 at 84.5)it is bone stock hope to have something better next year

BISHILVR
10-15-2007, 03:44 AM
hey bishilvr are you the one with the evo? or the 2g running speed density?
2G running speed density is all me...

oldschoolaudi
10-15-2007, 08:08 AM
LOL I wasnt offended, I was just setting it strait..... We didnt have the funds to turbocharge it this year, after he bought his turbo FC. But its his DD so its all in good fun. :D

Lonnie gandee
10-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Yea in b-2 class it only has to be a mitu car/or eng. and that lebaron has a mitu eng in it... that is how i got to race my 08 lancer there it was a mitu and non turbo.. but cant say much a about that lebaron it won the b-2 race he was omost right on the money every time... ::eek: and i was happy to c it because atlest something was slower then my 08 lancer o yeah i was faster the that non turbo laser too :confused: ... but it was a great time i will be there next year and so on until it isn't happenen any more( i ran a 16.54 at 84.5)it is bone stock hope to have something better next year

Your car was faster than the twin turbo 4g63 rx-7 as well.:eek:

02lanceroz
10-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Your car was faster than the twin turbo 4g63 rx-7 as well.:eek:

:eek: how was that i dont know what car you are talking about i was faster then bushurs and ams evo's lol (because they broke down and i did... sorry david i dont mean that i love what you all do and every year i have been there i love seening you all run and i always hope you all win because if it wasnt 4 u we would all be at home watching somer football so thank you 4 a nother great dsm shootout and will c u all next year..... :rolleyes:
GO BUSHUR!!!!!! GOT TO LOVE THOSE EVO"S!!!!!!!
The funny thing is on the way there i omst got into a accident with a AMS EVO on the road by the race track..

laseracer
10-15-2007, 07:38 PM

had to be a 93---93'
Yeah that was my car and i was just up there to have fun and have a good time and i cant help that it was pussy slow it has a stock 7 bolt engine with a header and a fartcan, yeah i was doing good in bracket 2 until i broke out in the semifinal round against the lebaron.

93Rs
10-16-2007, 01:07 AM
Hey atleast your car held together, and made it to the even...... I was broke down a block away from my house.......Just seen your car come to the tree and i was like, hey thats my car with diff wheels!

oldschoolaudi
10-16-2007, 08:12 AM
I know there were alot of pretty damn nice cars. I was glad to see some nice DSMs come and race. There were sure some clean 1gs!

Jrod@Buschur
10-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Thank all of you for your support and for attending the event! We do appreciate it. It wasnt as big as the event would have been in August but it still wasnt bad.

It could have been a bit warmer but all in all it wasnt bad.