PDA

View Full Version : Parking for Aug 18th Open House?

t2fastalon
07-27-2007, 09:08 PM
I was told we were not aloud to park in the field at the suby/evo shootout. Will the field (behind the shop) be available during the open house saturday to park in?

BISHILVR
07-29-2007, 04:12 PM
I am sure that it will be....where else would Dave expect to park 150 or so cars? his a$$ is'nt THAT big.:eek:

JZA80
07-29-2007, 09:41 PM
I heard during the EVO/Subby event that they were going to shut down Rt. 20 (the main road through Wakeman) so I would assume you can park on the street.

David Buschur
08-07-2007, 10:21 PM
The field is off limits for parking. If you park there you could be cited/towed. The guy that owns the field is an asshole.

Right now it looks like route 20 is going to be closed down for us so we can park on the street. I will check into it and make sure as I haven't heard much in the last few weeks.

tsifreak
08-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Thats really going to suck. Hope the city of wakeman? is ready for 200 dsms.
We need to be carefull how we drive threw there im sure every cop will be watching that area very closely. Thanks david for the heads up. Everyones going to be fighting for a parking spot at your shop!! I would emainge show cars only? Or if you have a 9 second and under car?

BISHILVR
08-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Oh wow, thats kinda weird of him. Well, we will work it out in some way or shape no worries guys we have all overcome bigger obstacles in life right?

talontsi92
08-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Thats really going to suck. Hope the city of wakeman? is ready for 200 dsms.
We need to be carefull how we drive threw there im sure every cop will be watching that area very closely. Thanks david for the heads up. Everyones going to be fighting for a parking spot at your shop!! I would emainge show cars only? Or if you have a 9 second and under car?

200 dsm's and 1 chevy monte carlo... DOH!

burtreynolds
08-09-2007, 04:34 PM
It may be wise for people to park at their hotels and shuttle over as many in a car as possible. It made for great pictures having all the DSM's together in the field, but with street parking only, there is no point having more cars there than needed/are dynoing/showing/etc. Just my $.02.

David/anyone else local.

Is there an alternate route to get to the shop? Or will there be a clearly marked detour? Or are we talking about just a very small section of route 20 being closed?

Thanks.

David Buschur
08-09-2007, 08:29 PM
IF you are coming to our shop you can drive right through. You do not have to have a show car or a race car. Just drive down, hell if they are going to block the road off for us let's make full use of it.