PDA

View Full Version : FWD only class for SO?

project_tsi
03-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Any support on a FWD only class somewhere in the 06' SO?

talontsi92
03-15-2006, 05:14 PM
i know last year david was taking preorders for a fwd class and if he got 20 people he was gonna run a fwd class... never happened.. he might try it again though

project_tsi
03-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Well maybe if we put the word out that we need a min of 20 people to make a fwd class then we would get more people to join for it.

You can count me in as #1.

coltboostin
04-04-2006, 02:13 PM
#2..................

tsifwd
04-05-2006, 12:36 AM
the problem is none of the fwd guys want to prepay and thats what david wants.
and last year he said the same thing and no one prepaid so there was no fwd class

coltboostin
04-05-2006, 01:47 AM
the problem is none of the fwd guys want to prepay and thats what david wants.
and last year he said the same thing and no one prepaid so there was no fwd class

Indeed.

This is the 3rd year in a row this has been suggested in this fasion, and It will probably end in the same way.

dreamwalker
04-17-2006, 03:19 PM
How much is it? I definately want to get in on that.

project_tsi
04-21-2006, 08:27 AM
Yeah I'd also like to know how much it is and when does it have to be paid by? The SO is still nearly 4 months away, granted my car is not running yet, its less than 1 week away, and granted it stays together, there's no reason why I won't be going.

oldschoolaudi
04-23-2006, 05:37 PM
I think it would be a sweet addition, to watch the FWD DSMs battle down the track!

tsifwd
04-25-2006, 04:16 AM
its not gonna happen david last year wanted at least 15 people to prepay
so far i see three people that want to sign up.

im not hating on fwd i have 1 and i have my awd. i would love to see a fwd class there is just not enough people that want to do it
i will be running my awd rs im gonna try to get my wife to run the fwd in the stock class

project_tsi
04-26-2006, 01:41 AM
This is BS. I really wish someone from Buschur's would come in here and clear this shit up once and for all.

coltboostin
04-26-2006, 02:42 PM
This is BS. I really wish someone from Buschur's would come in here and clear this shit up once and for all.

What is BS?

Everything in this thread is factual info. Dave needs people to pre-pay to have a FWD class. It has always been that way, and people have yet to come through.

project_tsi
04-26-2006, 09:38 PM
What is BS?

Everything in this thread is factual info. Dave needs people to pre-pay to have a FWD class. It has always been that way, and people have yet to come through.
I'm not doubting that it's factual info. I'd just like David to come in an explain exactly how many people he needs to sign up, and by when the deadline is, and
how much is will cost and where to send the money too, etc. Thats all.

coltboostin
04-27-2006, 12:47 AM
I'm not doubting that it's factual info. I'd just like David to come in an explain exactly how many people he needs to sign up, and by when the deadline is, and
how much is will cost and where to send the money too, etc. Thats all.

How long have you been into DSM's?

This same issue comes up EVERY year, and EVERY year, the same outcome is reached, no FWD class. Dave has no interest in having one, he never has. He would creat the class if he felt the interest was there, but it simply is not.

I believe last year he wanted 16 cars to pre-pay. I dont know if more than 2 did so.

project_tsi
04-27-2006, 08:27 AM

I've been into DSM's for about 4 years but have never attended a S.O. nor for that matter investigated the situation as this is the first time I have built a fast fwd that I'd like to run.

coltboostin
04-27-2006, 01:19 PM
I've been into DSM's for about 4 years but have never attended a S.O. nor for that matter investigated the situation as this is the first time I have built a fast fwd that I'd like to run.

It would be nice, but I would not bet on a FWD class materializing.

If its real fast, you should just try to qualify for the quick 16.

Gunner
05-01-2006, 10:49 PM

This same issue comes up EVERY year, and EVERY year, the same outcome is reached, no FWD class. Dave has no interest in having one, he never has. He would creat the class if he felt the interest was there, but it simply is not.

I believe last year he wanted 16 cars to pre-pay. I dont know if more than 2 did so.

There was always a FWD class up until 2002 or so. You damn Noob.

coltboostin
05-02-2006, 07:09 PM
I call B.S.

:o

There was no shootout pre 02. :)

pttcolt
06-25-2006, 07:06 AM
im in on the fwd action

SLowDSMGST
07-12-2006, 03:37 PM
I do it my self but Johnny Law took my Licence for a year and the motor is completely apart being rebuilt. Although I may ride up to watch the races.

sbstar
07-12-2006, 03:45 PM
I call B.S.

:o

There was no shootout pre 02. :)

Are you sure about that? :D

"The first DSM race was held in 1992, there were 3-4 DSMís there and an RX-7 if I remember correctly.Not long after I decided I wanted my own name and ran under Priority Performance for maybe a year. The next year I had another get together, which I consider the first shootout, there was 8 of us there."
David Buschur

sshorty
07-12-2006, 06:25 PM
If I'm not mistaken this would be the 15th or 16th annual shootout, meaning that it has taken place well before 2002! We have some sick footage from shootouts of yore with some interesting events both on the track and off...you guys used to do some crazy shit back in the day!

David Buschur
07-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Not sure what needs cleared up. The posts that have been made here on the subject are factual.

I use to have a FWD class every year. 1-3 cars entered it which didn't even pay for the trophies.

Each year I get a few guys crying that they want a FWD class. Last year I said I'd do it if they got 15 guys to pre-pay the entry fee. Then it would pay for the trophies and such for the class and be worth running. Not one single guy paid or even asked.

There is no FWD specific class and there will not be one in the future. You can run Brackets 1 and 2 and Quick 16 on slicks if you want to or you can compete in any of the other classes as long as the car fits the rules.

David Buschur

project_tsi
07-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the info Dave.