PDA

View Full Version : 2006, 14th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout scheduled.

David Buschur
12-13-2005, 12:27 PM
14th Annual DSM/EVO SHOOTOUT
Presented by:
Buschur Racing, Dynoflash, DEI, DSM Tuners, EVO Tuners, Exedy Clutches and Shearer Fabrication

-Saturday, August 12th. Open house, hangout and dyno competition at Buschur Racing, Inc. in Wakeman, Ohio. 9am to 6pm.
-Sunday, August 13th. Gates open at Norwalk Raceway park at 8am. Track closes at 5 pm
-Quick 16 qualifying at 10 am, 11 am and 12 pm.
-Time trials from 8 am until noon. When racing is completed time trials will begin again.
-Car and driver entry fee is $35. Spectator entry fee is $15. Kids 12 and under are free.
-FILL OUT YOUR TECH CARDS NEATLY AND COMPLETELY. Failure to do so will result in NOT receiving ANY prizes for your win!! Tech cards must be turned in at the head of the staging lanes before you make your first pass.
-Your class designation goes on the windshield followed by the number on your tech card. Class designations are listed in parenthesis next to the class names below. This is your class/car number for the day. You will time trial and race from the same lane all day. Lane assignments listed below.

STOCK APPEARING (DSA)
-Heads up class. Pro Tree. LANE 1.
-Full interior required. NO nitrous. DOT 140+ tires only.
-FMICís O.K but must fit without any cutting of the front fascia. NO external wastegates, NO sheetmetal intakes, NO air to water intercoolers, NO cut outs for the exhaust, NO headers. COP ignitions O.K.
-Turbos must remain stock appearing. 02 housings are fine but no external dump tubes. Upgraded upper and lower i/c pipes O.K. Open element filters O.K. for speed density conversions but must be done neatly and retain stock position and appearance.

DSM ELIMINATOR (DSE) Sponsored by DSMTUNERS.COM
-Heads up class. Pro Tree. LANE 2.
-This is for the more seriously modified DSMís. Only rules are full interior, NO nitrous ANY DOT tire.

EVO STOCK APPEARING (ESA)
-Heads up class. Pro Tree. LANE 3.
-Car must retain the stock appearing intake manifold, exhaust manifold and turbo. No External dump O2 housings but you can run a sheetmetal O2 housing. You can upgrade the intercooler plumbing, FMIC, exhaust etc. For an example of a great Stock Appearing class car refer to our complete Stage 4 kit. Beyond that and you are out of the class. DOT 140+ tires only.

EVO ELIMINATOR (EE) Sponsored by EVOTUNERS.NET
-Heads up class. Pro Tree. LANE 4.
-This is for the more modified Evolutions. Sheetmetal intakes, huge turbos, headers and such are all legal. NO nitrous or gutted interiors or you are in the Q16 or bracket classes. ANY DOT tire.

BRACKET 1 (B1) Sponsored by DEI LANE 5.
-Anything goes as long as it is 4g63 powered. This is a handicapped start class. 0-12.99.

BRACKET 2 (B2) Sponsored by DEI LANE 6.
-Anything goes as long as it is 4g63 powered. This is a handicapped start class. 13.00 and slower.

QUICK16 (Q16) Sponsored by Shearer Fabrication
-Heads up Pro Tree. LANE 8.
-Anything goes as long as it is 4g63 powered. NO tube chassis cars. You must qualify at one of the qualifying times to enter the class. If you do not qualify you can enter in any other class your car fits the rules for.

VENDORS. I accept vendors at the shootout. The booth space is $500 for each vendor. It can be paid the day of the race or earlier if you like. It gets your booth space (any size) and your workers in. Limit 5 people.

CLASS SPONSORS. Always interested in having new sponsors on board. Each class is $1500 to sponsor. This gets your name on the trophies, announcements throughout the day about your business, your company display in with vendor status and 5 people.

DR1665
12-13-2005, 12:53 PM
THANK YOU!

Let's spread the word that there will be no more BS at this Shootout. Hopefully all the fear of losing this event of all events will inspire people to keep things in line.

BEHAVE OR LOSE IT FOREVER.

coltboostin
12-13-2005, 04:49 PM
David.

The shootout is a great event that I hope we donít see disappear. You have done more than your part in setting up such an event, and I am sure you have heard it thousands of times, but thank you.

Dave is correct, there are MAJOR events every week or 2 at Norwalk. From FunFord, SuperChevy, to NOPI. Every time I come down to the area for an event, it is NOTHING like the Shootout.

I also think one of the problems is the more influential DSMers, and the elder statesman of the DSM community do not do anything to hinder this. I remember speaking with the NABR group the last 2 years at the Best Western, while people were doing burnouts and had that slide pit contraption in working order, and they were just yuking it up, drinking there beer.

I am in no way putting any burden of blame on these people, but we ( I will include myself as an influential DSMer in the NE Ohio area) need to step up this year and make sure the noobs and the perennial idiots do not act like asses. Perhaps we can inform the local authorities who they can talk to to have direct contact with the people attending rhe shootout, and inform the people who plan on attending that people being asses this year will be prosecuted.

It may seem harsh, but it has gotten way out of control. What do you think about this?

DR1665
12-13-2005, 05:09 PM
I think it's a good idea. While Buschur works on ShootOut details, those of us who are serious about the SO from the other side (attendees), can discuss different ways to help us police ourselves. I think now is the time to start.

An easy idea I will implement myself sometime this week is a new sig pic for all the DSM forums I frequent that will stay up until the SO. I'm thinking something that shows that we're not willing to give up the SO because of retards. Dunno about the wording yet, but if it's cool enough, perhaps more people will use it and people will see just how important this is to some people.

Just a thought.

sbstar
12-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Glad to hear it is definately happening. I'll be there for sure. Definately more policing needed and I think I can speak for everyone on Buschur Forums that we'll help out in that.

Hey David can liquid to air intercoolers be allowed in the stock appearing dsm class? How about aftermarket exhaust manifolds? And does full interior mean every piece needs to be in place? Because I know some of mine will be missing but I'll try to get almost all of them back in place for the shootout.

Spike's Talon
12-13-2005, 10:17 PM
I'm glad to hear that there will be one this year. It will be my first shootout and I can't wait. I was really scared for a minuite that there wasn't gonna be one with the way people were talking in the other thread. Hopefully we can all step up and act like civilized respectfull people so there won't be any questioning as to if there is going to be one in 07. Thank you David for having another shootout and I'm sure that us who attend from this forum will do our best to keep things in line as much as possible. From what I hear about this event it is much loved and would be a tragic loss to this community. I'm really looking forward to this years shootout since it will be my first and I'll finally be able to meet the people here in person. Thank you again for having another shootout this year. We all better be on good behavior so we don't loose this event. Spike

sbstar
12-13-2005, 10:22 PM
We're all going to have to figure out a place to meet this year. Last year I only made it for sunday and I didn't really meet anyone. This year I'm definately going to be there for the whole weekend. Starting out at Buschurs for the Dyno competition. I might even get my little 14b up there to test it out.

manley57
12-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Best Western is filled up.

Diceman
12-14-2005, 12:17 AM
Best Western is filled up.

What's your source? I find it hard to believe that within 24 hours of the announcement that the ENTIRE Best Western is filled up, especially considering that that same exact hotel had rooms open months after last years announcement. The second reason is I just called them to make my reservation and they aren't taking any this early in the game, online nor over the phone. I know at least 2 people including myself that they have turned away. Don't spread rumors about hotels being full, it is stupid, especially this early on.

manley57
12-14-2005, 07:22 AM
Called directly to them, they said "SOLD OUT the ENTIRE MONTH".
Thats good enough for me!

I'm headed up to Microtel in Huron. Have a Suite ready for alot less $.

FYI AKA: Wide Winger

TicEagle
12-14-2005, 09:18 AM
We are very happy to know that the Shoohout is there in 2006. We will make the travel from Montreal (Canada) this year to. With a lot of car and people. We will be there for the dyno day and for the drag day. And your little white Dodge Colt, try to win to Q16 this year to. ;)

Hope to see you in August.

Thanks David for the good event!

TicEagle

Diceman
12-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Called directly to them, they said "SOLD OUT the ENTIRE MONTH".
Thats good enough for me!

I'm headed up to Microtel in Huron. Have a Suite ready for alot less $.

FYI AKA: Wide Winger

whoulda thunk it. ;-) they arent sold out though. if you look at june and july on their online calender, none of those months are available to book. i think they cought a lot of crap from everyone last year since they booked online at like 180 a night and then were trying to charge people 220 a night when they checked in. they might just turn off online booking until 2-3 months ahead of august to prevent that and make sure everyone books at the higher price. hotels suck.

awdboost
12-14-2005, 12:53 PM
David, Thanks for having it again. We all really appreciate you doing this for us.

manley57
12-14-2005, 08:42 PM
whoulda thunk it. ;-) they arent sold out though. if you look at june and july on their online calender, none of those months are available to book. i think they cought a lot of crap from everyone last year since they booked online at like 180 a night and then were trying to charge people 220 a night when they checked in. they might just turn off online booking until 2-3 months ahead of august to prevent that and make sure everyone books at the higher price. hotels suck.

That does not surprise me one bit.

turbokreeper
12-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Well Im pretty damn excited that I will get to experience my second shootout. Thanks to the Buschur family and business for allowing us one more chance to prove we can put on a show without causing any problems. I will have my car there this year and hopefully I will feel safe enough to try and take it down the track. Oh yeah and by the way I just booked my rooms at the best western. All the guys who caused problems last year, you know who you are, keep your immature asses in your mammas basement. And Ill see the rest of you there!!

talontsi92
12-16-2005, 09:30 PM
3 words...

DONT RUIN IT

manley57
12-22-2005, 10:55 PM
BW said they were sold out. WTF!

sbstar
12-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Man I better get on it and make a reservation if BW is already sold out. Goes to show how much the shootout means to people, and how hard we should work to keep it going.

Diceman
12-24-2005, 02:53 AM
from what i know, the BW isn't taking reservations for any dates past April or something. it is rather strange but unless your booking date is within the next four months starting at january, it says they have no rooms. i doubt they are totally booked up for 3 months solid. i think they are up to something since the cedar point BW is taking reservations for that weekend. i just reserved my room at the amerihost. they are almost identical since they are owned by the same parent company and my room is 150 bucks less than my comparable room at the BW last year. im bout sick of the BW anyway, there were a few instances of people reserving rooms at one price but at check in were told a higher price to reflect demand. cursing and screaming ensued and one person had to step out of line and wait for 25 more people to check in before the lady would even talk to him again. ;) either way, i just dont want to deal with that this year and with getting cheaper rooms and being .02 miles away from the BW, i doubt i will miss much.

Alfordz123
12-27-2005, 01:22 AM
David,

I was at the 2005 shootout and heard if you didnt get to run becuase of the rain then you could show your ticket and get in with your car without paying the $35 again this year and actually run.

After i left in the after noon when it was downing the rain i find out they finally cleared off the track and just ran the quick 16.

Was just cleaning out my stuff and found my ticket i was holding on to and thought about it.

Please let me know
Thanks
Alex

Kevin90GSX
12-31-2005, 07:14 PM
After i left in the after noon when it was downing the rain i find out they finally cleared off the track and just ran the quick 16.

All classes were run NOT just the quick 16 at the end once the track was dryed. Im willing to bet that offer is void.

sbstar
12-31-2005, 09:01 PM
All classes were run NOT just the quick 16 at the end once the track was dryed. Im willing to bet that offer is void.
Going to have another good video for us this year?

vinstalon
01-01-2006, 12:36 AM
I'm gonna' make a vid this year too.Hopefully I'll be in it.<----Fingers crossed

sbstar
01-01-2006, 10:50 PM
You better have that beast there Vin, we're all waiting for it to come out and roar. :cool:

Alfordz123
01-02-2006, 01:05 AM

Yea my luck that will prolly happen...Thats just what was said before i left...

I would have stayed longer if i would have known they wouldnt let us in without charging this year since i payed 35 bucks to get wet!

12coloreclipse
01-10-2006, 11:47 PM
Hey guys this will be my first shootout and i was wondering were everyone is going to stay. I need to book a room.

Thanks,
Johnathan

Joe93tsi
01-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Is anyone going to be camping out like last year? The rain sucked but other than that it fun staying at the track.

DragNRacing.com
01-12-2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks Dave for hosting what will be another great event! :cool:

dsmchris
01-13-2006, 11:55 PM
sure, id camp out. what arrangements have to be made?
i havent missed a shootout for 4 or 5 years now since i first went. last year i didnt book a room, but was lucky enough to get the huge suite for like 150. just had a problem with all the midget cars. i didnt know one of those needed its own parking spot.

oldschoolaudi
01-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Can we run aftermarket intercooler pipes dave? Still a SMIC....
-matt

wickedred1g
01-14-2006, 08:12 PM
I was wondering the same thing for stock appearing class can we run after market upper ic pipe such as the Buschur metal one? Thanks

12SecLaser
01-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Can we run aftermarket intercooler pipes dave? Still a SMIC....
-matt

If you are talking about Stock Appearing, then yes.

oldschoolaudi
01-15-2006, 03:45 PM
Ok, my last question....
Can you run an external air filter (hard pipe cai)?
Thanks, and sorry for being a dumb noob lol.

Raven92TSi
01-16-2006, 01:07 AM
Will a GM MAF be allowed in the Stock Appearing class?

oldschoolaudi
01-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Got my answers....
Thanks Jarrod.

Jrod@Buschur
01-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Got my answers....
Thanks Jarrod.

Your welcome!

DSM Stock Appearing (DSA) This is a 1g/2g DSM class.
-NO FMIC'S
-NO external wastegates
-NO sheetmetal intakes
-NO fugly modifications that won't pass for darn near stock.
-1G intake, engine, head and TD05H turbos are fine for 2G's.

sbstar
01-16-2006, 05:38 PM
How full of an interior does stock appearing have to have (meaning will a custom dash, some missing interior pieces, racing drivers seat, and missing rear carpet meet the standards)

Raven92TSi
01-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Your welcome!

DSM Stock Appearing (DSA) This is a 1g/2g DSM class.
-NO FMIC'S
-NO external wastegates
-NO sheetmetal intakes
-NO fugly modifications that won't pass for darn near stock.
-1G intake, engine, head and TD05H turbos are fine for 2G's.
Would the GM MAF in a blow-thru setup count as a "fugly" modification. I need a solid answer, as it will effect the direction I go with my setup.

Thanks.

DeviousTsi
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
I would also like to know WHAT on my current set up will not pass in the stock appearing class....

Dejon Tool hard pipes: i/c + intake, Dejon Tool side mount intercooler, evo3 16g, GM MAF, DNP exhaust manifold, Hybrid Connection recirculating o2 housing, Hallman boost controller, rear mounted battery, Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, Coil on Plug by me, Snow Performance methanol injection(hidden from plain sight)

Thanks in advance,
-Gary Burch

P.S. 2005 was my first shootout and it was just awesome! David, thanks for setting this up!

P.S.S. Is the stock appearing class supposed to be "stock" to the average joe or the trained dsm geek eye? According to most of the people that see my car, the only thing they catch as not being "stock" is the Aeromotive fpr. The rest of the stuff is tossed up to being cosmetic upgrades.

12SecLaser
01-17-2006, 02:46 PM
I would also like to know WHAT on my current set up will not pass in the stock appearing class....

Dejon Tool hard pipes: i/c + intake, Dejon Tool side mount intercooler, evo3 16g, GM MAF, DNP exhaust manifold, Hybrid Connection recirculating o2 housing, Hallman boost controller, rear mounted battery, Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, Coil on Plug by me, Snow Performance methanol injection(hidden from plain sight)

Thanks in advance,
-Gary Burch

P.S. 2005 was my first shootout and it was just awesome! David, thanks for setting this up!

P.S.S. Is the stock appearing class supposed to be "stock" to the average joe or the trained dsm geek eye? According to most people that I show my car the only things they catch as not being close to "stock" is the Aeromotive fpr. The rest of the stuff is tossed up to being cosmetic upgrades.

The DNP manifold will get you tossed out of DSA. Full interior includes all panels including the rear hatch cover. The interior covers all classes EXCEPT quick and brackets. I do not know about the GM MAF.

sbstar
01-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Thanks, guess I'll have to try for the q16 or just try bracket racing. It'll be fun either way.

DeviousTsi
01-17-2006, 10:43 PM
The DNP manifold will get you tossed out of DSA. Full interior includes all panels including the rear hatch cover. The interior covers all classes EXCEPT quick and brackets. I do not know about the GM MAF.

Well thats not a problem I'll just swap in an evo/2g manifold for the shootout. I sure am glad I kept the interior intact. I would still like to know about the GM MAF, since it gets past every local mechanic for inspection allowing it seems fair.

sbstar
01-17-2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah I think the GM maf should pass as well (if you're counting votes) but now that I'm going with a side exit exhaust (and thinking about a pwr liquid to air intercooler if I can afford it by then) I'm definately out of the running.

DeviousTsi
01-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Updated profile:

Dejon Tool hard pipes: i/c + intake, Dejon Tool side mount intercooler, evo3 exhaust manifold, evo3 16g, GM MAF, Hybrid Connection recirculating mild steel o2 housing, Hallman boost controller, Aeromotive fpr, Coil-on-Plug, Snow Performance methanol injection(hidden from plain sight)

Will I have to change the o2 housing as well? Can I get away with the o2 housing with a heatshield covering it?

I am soo excited about the shootout I am trying to get completely ready for it way before summer...I can't wait to actually race this year!

sbstar
01-20-2006, 12:19 AM
I don't think the methanol injection will pass for stock appearing, but who knows.

Mac
01-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Glad to see it's booked again for this year! Was hoping it would be announced since our holiday booking schedule is up at work

finaldriveperf
01-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Does anyone know anything about vendors this year? I haven't been out in a couple years and was curious if they still had vendor stands at the event and what the costs/regulations were?

Thank you

Jeremy

sbstar
01-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Last year it was $15 to get in and there were a couple vendors with booths.
Just check out the very first post in this thread.

finaldriveperf
01-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Thank you for your reply. I did see there was a $15 spectator fee but I didnt see anything about there being a fee for setting up a vendor booth or not. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jeremy

sbstar
01-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Send david or even Nick or Jarod a pm or email, I'm sure they could tell you.

finaldriveperf
01-27-2006, 01:15 AM
Yes David was able to answer my question thank you for you help.

-Jeremy-
Finaldriveperformance.com

madmax85
02-08-2006, 02:06 PM
ok, jumpin in here, got a good ? for you all. i have an 87 mitsubishi starion. fully built and ready to race. yes it still has the g54b in it. is there a place for me to race at the shootout or do i have to watch from the sidelines since i am not 4g63 powered?

sbstar
02-14-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm about 90% sure you wouldn't be able to race, but there was a 3000GT they let run last year that didn't have a 4G63 so I would pm Nick, Jarod, or David about it :cool:

EGLSFLY
02-21-2006, 03:06 AM
Did someone make a video of last year's shootout?
If so, where can I get it?

Thanks

12coloreclipse
02-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Do you have to have any safety items such as roll cage,helmet,etc.

12SecLaser
02-22-2006, 10:54 PM

Same rules as any other track.

Rogue
02-28-2006, 12:49 AM
i like the idea of a non distructive sleep over at the track. Ill be bringin my motorhome.. and yea... tents few picknick tables.. have a good time.

DragNRacing.com
02-28-2006, 09:37 AM

They are fairly lax about the roll cage. I have seen plenty of cars in the low 11's without cages there.

justchil
02-28-2006, 04:52 PM
I think I'm going to try to come up this year :) I dunno if I'll run but it will be fun.

oldschoolaudi
03-04-2006, 08:57 PM
I will be down to make some runs for sure this year!

David Buschur
03-18-2006, 10:33 AM
edited by me.

David Buschur
03-18-2006, 10:39 AM
I was rather aggrevated with the questions that seemed obvious to me, I edited my original posts.

I went back through the rules for DSM SA at the top of this topic and added, changed and subtracted things.

The GM blow through MAF is NOT allowed in the SA. The factory air box HAS to be retained but can be cut up as long as there are two factory mounting points left on it and it is bolted down.

Full interior means exactly that, Full.

The alky injection. As long as the tank is mounted out of sight I don't care if you have it. You can run race gas in the class so I don't see alky as being an unfair advantage.

David Buschur

logic
03-27-2006, 12:36 PM
BEHAVE OR LOSE IT FOREVER. I prefer "Behave or get your ass kicked."

We can't rely on the threat of the Shootout going away to affect the behavior of a bunch of underage drunks who just don't care. All of us who want to see the Shootout continue need to step up and regulate ourselves as a group.

If you witness assclown activity, put a stop to it. If you don't feel comfortable doing so, tell someone around you who does, or find someone in authority; call the police if necessary. This kind of crap reflects on us as a group; if you see someone behaving like a jackass, but do nothing about it, then their behavior might as well be your own.

If you were one of the idiots who were involved in the "backyard brawling" that happened at the Best Western, threw something through a drive-through sign, or participated in any of the other stupidity that happened last year, feel free to stay home. I won't hesitate to call the police to have your drunken ass hauled off to jail if you're acting like a four-year-old again, and I'd like to see others willing to do the same.

18lbsgsx
04-03-2006, 01:54 PM
My friends and I are headed from New Hampshire, probably gonna take my buddies car I would drive my dsm there but a lot of miles. I do have a new engine in it though...so I may change my mind. But we are not underaged and live for DSM's so wont get any problems from us.

wantarace95GSX
04-13-2006, 01:08 PM
My friends and I are headed from New Hampshire, probably gonna take my buddies car I would drive my dsm there but a lot of miles. I do have a new engine in it though...so I may change my mind. But we are not underaged and live for DSM's so wont get any problems from us.

you don't have to defend yourself man just act cool, talk to people and learn more about the cars we all love.

Mortis
04-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Made my reservations. This will be like the 5th S.O I've been to I guess. Looking forward to it and I always have a great time.

Me and the GF make a weekend out of it, hit the park, go to the lake, hit Norwalk and some cool restaurants, spend some quality "hotel time". ;) ;)
Hit the Kart racing track and do some DSM/EVO racing here and there.

Can't wait, and I hope the kiddies from the last few S.O's stay home or get thier asses kicked.

natedogg814
05-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Hey any popular hotels I should look at? This is gonna be my first S.O. so I'd like to be with the DSM fam. Anyone care to shout out where they're stayin would be cool. Thanks

Mortis
05-05-2006, 09:08 PM
I've been to many S.O's.

Most frequent places for the DSM'ers are:

Best Western. (I'm here). It's in the middle.
Econo Lodge: Few blocks south of B.W.
Amerihost: Few blocks north of B.W.

Those are the big three when it comes to the S.O.

Nick@Buschurs
05-10-2006, 12:49 PM
I know last year some of the dsm community was dissapointed because we didn't have all that much stuff at the shootout to sell them so, I would like to know what type of parts you would like to see for sale at the shootout this year. Things such as clutches, turbo's, exhaust and so on. Please let me know.

12SecLaser
05-11-2006, 09:09 AM
I think you should have any and all parts that you guys fabricate. Always good to have a clutch or two on hand, with that many DSM's in one area someone will need one. Basically, anything that can be bolted on at the track.

Tom N
05-14-2006, 10:39 PM
We would like to see several vendors there like 2 years ago.

dsmchris
05-23-2006, 02:22 AM
i think it would be a good idea to have any of the more common breaking parts. if you guys are interested in making some sales and/or helping a few out you should have some or all the driveline parts readily available. anything that is common to get broken at this fun ass event. i cant wait.

logic
05-31-2006, 01:43 PM
i think it would be a good idea to have any of the more common breaking parts. If the fine folks at NRP are as on-the-ball as they were last year, maybe a decent stock of replacement center diffs and axles would be a good idea? :D

Buckeye-Talon
05-31-2006, 11:04 PM
Man I can't wait for this year's event. It will be first DSM event I've ever been to since I jsut bought my first one recently. Heck I just joined this forum. Hopefully I'll have my teenage-budget project up and running for the event. And i know this sounds silly, but what exactly went down last year that made it so rowdy?

93eclipsegsx
06-04-2006, 04:08 PM
this will be my first S.O. also. im only in berea which isnt to far, so no staying at a hotel. hoping i will have my car running by then and having a heck of a time.

sshorty
06-05-2006, 01:09 AM
I've been to many S.O's.

Most frequent places for the DSM'ers are:

Best Western. (I'm here). It's in the middle.
Econo Lodge: Few blocks south of B.W.
Amerihost: Few blocks north of B.W.

Those are the big three when it comes to the S.O.

we got two rooms booked at the econo lodge so far..might book 3 more if there's still room...anyone else staing at econo lodge?

sshorty/team shocker!!

JZA80
06-05-2006, 01:11 AM
we got two rooms booked at the econo lodge so far..might book 3 more if there's still room...anyone else staing at econo lodge?

sshorty/team shocker!!
Hell yeah, we got one room on Saturday night at the Econo-dump but nowhere to stay Friday night. I guess we'll just wing it and sleep in our cars if necessary.

sshorty
06-05-2006, 01:13 AM
Hell yeah, we got one room on Saturday night at the Econo-dump but nowhere to stay Friday night. I guess we'll just wing it and sleep in our cars if necessary.

stay at econo dump fri night too..we're booked for the 11th 12th and 13th...last year we stayed at econo and amerihost...gotta love the indoor pool..but we all decided to stay accross from the best western this year....we had a blast at the econo lodge last year...maybe we could book the whole place up!

JZA80
06-05-2006, 01:17 AM
stay at econo dump fri night too..we're booked for the 11th 12th and 13th...last year we stayed at econo and amerihost...gotta love the indoor pool..but we all decided to stay accross from the best western this year....we had a blast at the econo lodge last year...maybe we could book the whole place up!
You sure you don't mean 16th, 17th, and 18th for the EVO/WRX event in June? Econo-dump was fairly quiet last year, Best Western had all the action but not all of it good. I'm all for some good drinking but the property destruction has to stop.

sshorty
06-05-2006, 10:55 AM
You sure you don't mean 16th, 17th, and 18th for the EVO/WRX event in June? Econo-dump was fairly quiet last year, Best Western had all the action but not all of it good. I'm all for some good drinking but the property destruction has to stop.

nah im talking about the shootout....we had a blast at all the hotels last year, except for those tiny cars at the amerihost that messed up some of the fun there...but the econo lodge we had some drunk foot races around the building and did our annual free bike race ...unfortunately we had no gold cart this year like unlike the previous two years.

Talont28
06-12-2006, 10:53 PM
got the rooms reserved last november for the best western haha can't wait 2 months!

be my 3rd shootout.. im hoping 4 the parts truck agian haha

Jesse

sshorty
06-12-2006, 11:26 PM
got the rooms reserved last november for the best western haha can't wait 2 months!

be my 3rd shootout.. im hoping 4 the parts truck agian haha

Jesse

just wait til you see "Team Shocker"'s "free bike" this year, i dont know if you guys remember our free bikes, or our golf kart, we're on the prowl this year...we'll be accross the street, so swing by, nothing like the shootout.

Talont28
06-16-2006, 01:10 AM
just wait til you see "Team Shocker"'s "free bike" this year, i dont know if you guys remember our free bikes, or our golf kart, we're on the prowl this year...we'll be accross the street, so swing by, nothing like the shootout.

lol will do..i just hope my car makes it that long!

DSM Loki
06-29-2006, 07:30 AM
so who's all going to be on the brute squad to discourage asshatedness this year?

v84lnch
07-03-2006, 05:02 PM
allow me to jump in here.

somehitng people from out of town need to remember, buscher racing is local to the norwalk area. your immature actions can directly impact his business, and the reputation he has with the community of norwalk/wakeman. for him to hold an event like this for you guys is amazing. i attend the so pretty much every year for the last 7 years, and i don't even drive a 4g car. :p

i will be at the track on sunday, possibly stopping in the shop for the dyno event on saturday. hope to see some badass cars ripping up the 1320 that weekend. theres a few i always see, and always look forward to talking with. ;)

David Buschur
07-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Alright guys I gave in on some of the changes you all wanted, after much debate in my mind. It is time to change to help the classes grow.

Please go back and read the rules as I have just changed a few things.

Here is a quick rundown:

Stock appearing 1g/2g classes can now have FMIC's as long as you do not have to do ANY cutting of the front fascia to make it fit. So what I am looking for is a nice neat job that could pass for a stock FMIC install. Our kits are good examples of this.

DOT tires in Stock Appearing DSM and EVO classes now mean you must run a DOT tire that has a minimum tread wear rating of 140. So no Hoosier's or drag radials in those classes.

ANY DOT tire can be run in DSM/EVO Eliminator, Brackets or Q16.

The point of that change is to keep a street car a real street car, one that can still handle and drive in the rain.

Also want to welcome aboard Exedy and DEI as class sponsors.

David Buschur

jasons97gsx
07-12-2006, 10:22 PM
I was just wondering for those who are camping out if we are allowed to sleep there on friday night as well so we dont have to leave at 1am to make it?

DeviousTsi
07-17-2006, 12:24 AM
Alright guys I gave in on some of the changes you all wanted, after much debate in my mind. It is time to change to help the classes grow.

Please go back and read the rules as I have just changed a few things.

Here is a quick rundown:

Stock appearing 1g/2g classes can now have FMIC's as long as you do not have to do ANY cutting of the front fascia to make it fit. So what I am looking for is a nice neat job that could pass for a stock FMIC install. Our kits are good examples of this.

DOT tires in Stock Appearing DSM and EVO classes now mean you must run a DOT tire that has a minimum tread wear rating of 140. So no Hoosier's or drag radials in those classes.

ANY DOT tire can be run in DSM/EVO Eliminator, Brackets or Q16.

The point of that change is to keep a street car a real street car, one that can still handle and drive in the rain.

Also want to welcome aboard Exedy and DEI as class sponsors.

David Buschur

Damn it all...after all the little things I just converted so that I could stay in the dsm stock appearing and NOW I COULD HAVE RUN A FMIC....thats soo irritating.

Is it possible to have a sub category of Stock Appearing called Stock Appearing Modified...? This would put the competition in closer fields.

bstoner
07-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Its great that you are now allowing front mounts in Stock appearing I think that it was time, good move Dave.

Following DeviousTSI's remark, a Mitsu Turbo class that includes everything that looks like a stock turbo but no other rules (i.e. FMIC, External WG, Sheetmetal Mani, etc.) may be another option to keep the intergrity of the original Stock Class. I know you probably dont want to add yet another class but its an idea.

See you in August.

CryO2man
07-20-2006, 12:35 PM
As you already may know, DEI will be bracket sponsors for this event and Buschur Racing will be discounting all DEI CryO2 System components an additional 10% up through August.

Should any of the winning vehicle(s) be CryO2 Equipped, DEI will feature the vehicle and driver on both www.designengineering.com (http://www.designengineering.com) and www.cryo2.com (http://www.cryo2.com) website and also be featured in our upcoming product catalog.

For additional information visit the Design Engineering, Inc. website and subscribe to our newsletter or view our PRESS RELEASE section.

DEI representatives will be on site to answer any product related questions spectators may have.

Good Luck to all those who participate!

CryO2man
07-20-2006, 01:14 PM
ALSO,

Anyone in need of custom sized and color vinyl graphics contact Mark @ DEI. DEI representatives will have white DEI badges and CryO2 logo decals on site for bracket participants.

Thanks!

DeviousTsi
07-21-2006, 02:33 AM
As you already may know, DEI will be bracket sponsors for this event and Buschur Racing will be discounting all DEI CryO2 System components an additional 10% up through August.

Should any of the winning vehicle(s) be CryO2 Equipped, DEI will feature the vehicle and driver on both www.designengineering.com (http://www.designengineering.com) and www.cryo2.com (http://www.cryo2.com) website and also be featured in our upcoming product catalog.

For additional information visit the Design Engineering, Inc. website and subscribe to our newsletter or view our PRESS RELEASE section.

DEI representatives will be on site to answer any product related questions spectators may have.

Good Luck to all those who participate!

Dave,

Does this mean we can run cyro2 coolers on our intercoolers for stock appearing...? Come on you are already allowing fmic in stock appearing why not something that will add in sales for DEI?

Gary

David Buschur
08-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Yes, I will allow Cryo kits on any car in any class at the shootout. ONLY I/C sprayer bars though and it better be perfectly clear that the only thing seeing C02 is the intercooler face itself. No cheating pumping nitrous into somewhere else.

I made a change to a misprint on the first page today. It said that nitrous and gutted vehicles were not allowed in Q16. That was incorrect.

David Buschur

Hop
08-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I had to pull out the rear seatbacks to get a solid mounting point for the 5 point harnesses. The rear seat bottoms are still installed. The rest of the interior is intact aside from the trunk carpet/spare tire cover. I haven't had time to finish a cage before the Shootout but did get the Sparco seats and harnesses done. Would minor interior mods like this keep me out of DSE class? :confused:

[edit]
I'll try to get the seatbacks remounted but I'd rather leave them out than have them flopping around back there not bolted down correctly. I'm not really a Q16 type of car but maybe. I'd always run bracket in the past.