PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Shootout!! (hotels) (events)

sshorty
08-16-2005, 07:23 PM
I know it's a little early, but each year I go, I have a great time!!

I know most of you stayed at the Best Western and Econolodge, half our group stayed at the econolodge, but this year, lets get all three big hotels booked with all of us knuckleheads!!

We like the AmeriHost best, so as soon as we can book, lets book it up, I'm sure most of you saw all those little midget cars around.

Maybe we can plan something for after the car show the day before the event. This year we just went out to dinner and drank, but maybe instead we can try to set something up, where everyone who wants to meet everyone else, can do so. Maybe if enough people are interested, we can rent out part of a restaurant for a dinner/cocktail before we all go back to the hotels and party. Anyone interested? We have a whole year!!

TEAM SHOCKER!!!

dd_man
08-16-2005, 10:52 PM
count me in

William Clark
08-17-2005, 02:38 AM
Sounds pretty good. I stayed down at the Red Roof, so I wasn't close to the big group. Would have been really cool if I could've drank with everyone.

wantarace95GSX
08-17-2005, 03:03 PM
i was at the comfot inn in milan, but sounds like a good idea. now if we could only know when the next shootout is if there is one

sshorty
08-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Dave?? Hello, Dave?? You there?

We're already excited for next year's shootout, fill us in, so we can book up hotels and spread the word to all those that missed out. It seems to me that every year it gets bigger and bigger, lets try to book up all the rooms in the best western, amerihost and econolodge!!

Tom N
08-17-2005, 11:30 PM
Dave?? Hello, Dave?? You there?

We're already excited for next year's shootout, fill us in, so we can book up hotels and spread the word to all those that missed out. It seems to me that every year it gets bigger and bigger, lets try to book up all the rooms in the best western, amerihost and econolodge!!

Dude, relax. He doesnt own the track. These things have to be discussed and planned with the owners. His life doesnt revolve around this one event every year. As soon as the date is set for next year he will post it.

ShapeGSX
08-17-2005, 11:32 PM
That's a great idea! Then I can stay somewhere else. :rolleyes:

Fullboost
08-17-2005, 11:33 PM
I have a feeling that he's still thinking it over whether or not he should have it next year. The local hotel owners got fed up as well as police, and it was taken out on him. It's not his fault people get rowdy and such, but he's the one that gets yelled at. Apparently it was pretty bad this year.

sshorty
08-17-2005, 11:50 PM
What happened? I guess I missed the rowdy-ness. That's too bad, the event is a lot of fun. Even though the nights before the actual shootout are great, nothing beats watching all sorts of DSMs and 4g63 powered vehicles at the track all day!

As far as finding out about a date next year, I was just kidding, I know that these things have to be planned and discussed, I was trying to be a pain, just messing around.

However, if there is a 2006 Shootout, I have spoken to both those who did attend this year, and those who wish they had, and many people would be interested in setting up a dinner/banquet style, with a buffet type setting, where people can just mingle with everyone who attends, and possibly show the videos from the previous years, this may also help reduce some of those problems the local police and hotel owners are having. Not to mention that if we book up all the rooms in certain hotels, then there will be less of an issue. I know this all sounds a little far-fetched, but I would be willing to devote some of my time to make this happen.

So if there is anything that can be done to help make '06 a reality, I would be more than willing to do my part to help.

ian7321
08-18-2005, 09:54 AM
Ya I stayed at the Best Western this year and it was getting a lil bit rowdy at times. And by a lil bit I mean burn outs at all hours of the night girls flashing everyone. wayyyyyyyy too much alcohol in everyone and a beer slip n slide. Though all in all we did clean up and it was a GREAT TIME.

12SecLaser
08-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Dude, relax. He doesnt own the track. These things have to be discussed and planned with the owners. His life doesnt revolve around this one event every year. As soon as the date is set for next year he will post it.

Are you sure? I know he doesn't own the track, but as for his life revolving around it? He busted his ass to get that edition done and AWD dyno in. How many people paid $25 to dyno? Now I know its not even paid off, but thats a good step in the right direction. $35 to race I can also understand, renting a track is not cheap, but the $15 for spectators seemed a little steep. Couldn't we get 1 spectator in free with each paid race admission? After I drop $150 in gas to tow my car, $315 for two nights at a crappy hotel, $50 for me and my woman to get in the track, and $150 for food and other entertainment...how can this community not want us back? If the hotels had to spend all next day cleaning up, they still made a sick amount of profit considering those rooms go for $60 a night most of the year. Love the event, I'll go next year, but I'll be camping, packing food, and not bringing any spectators.

<rant off>

Tom N
08-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Are you sure? I know he doesn't own the track, but as for his life revolving around it? He busted his ass to get that edition done and AWD dyno in. How many people paid $25 to dyno? Now I know its not even paid off, but thats a good step in the right direction. $35 to race I can also understand, renting a track is not cheap, but the $15 for spectators seemed a little steep. Couldn't we get 1 spectator in free with each paid race admission? After I drop $150 in gas to tow my car, $315 for two nights at a crappy hotel, $50 for me and my woman to get in the track, and $150 for food and other entertainment...how can this community not want us back? If the hotels had to spend all next day cleaning up, they still made a sick amount of profit considering those rooms go for $60 a night most of the year. Love the event, I'll go next year, but I'll be camping, packing food, and not bringing any spectators.

<rant off>

Dave did a great job as always with the shoot out.
But no his life does not revolve around it.
Also the dyno was $50 not $25 like posted everywhere.
I came from Florida and spent a shit load of money doing so. I will continue to every year also.
I do not believe that the buisness owners want this event to stop. They make way to much money off it. But I am sure they would like the BS to stop.

sshorty
08-18-2005, 09:22 PM
I took part in the $50 dyno run, even though I didn't even have a dsm, we dynoed two of the cars we brought, and had a great time. Regardless of cost, the whole event from arrival to departure is always a blast, and as tom said, ill do it every year it goes on. I can't wait til next year, and dont worry, we all spent a lot of money on the trip, but it was worth every penny!

As for the admission, you can't even compare it to events out here in NY. We often have to pay $15 to spectate and close to $50 for some races.

12SecLaser
08-19-2005, 07:00 AM
Damn! Around here its $20-25 race, $15 T+T and $5-10 to watch.

tylera189
08-19-2005, 09:57 AM
Hey guys I live in wakeman. And I race at Norwalk weekly, so I have some knowledge of what your talking about, As far as ticket prices, Bill Bader who owns the track isint stupid either, he is a business man like anyone else, and I would bet that he has a hand in what the gate prices are and that he gets a share of that. But he also charges $12 on a friday just to watch people test and tune, I think that is crazy, but its his rules. So if you had to pay $15 to go to the DSM I guess I wouldnt complain to much. From the tracks that I know of and go to Norwalk is only a couple bucks higher that the rest I usually have to pay between 10-15 bucks to race or time trial, unless it is a points race, or special race weekend. And none of the tracks compare to norwalks. As far as ticking of the locals, and the businesses, that will happen anywhere, If you were all 50 years old acting like you did, it would be ok, we all know that, but we are all young punks in there eyes, they forget when they were young. All I can say is have fun, be safe, and stay out of trouble. And dont put Dave's reputation on the line. I have watched that business grow every year, he has worked hard to make it what it is, so dont jeapordize his livelyhood. Hope to see you guys hanging out in Wakeman next year!

wantarace95GSX
08-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Dave did a great job as always with the shoot out.
But no his life does not revolve around it.
Also the dyno was $50 not $25 like posted everywhere.
I came from Florida and spent a shit load of money doing so. I will continue to every year also.
I do not believe that the buisness owners want this event to stop. They make way to much money off it. But I am sure they would like the BS to stop.

from florida...that takes some dedication

stockgsx
08-19-2005, 07:32 PM
I wanted to go this year but it didnt work out. All of my friends got to go and they had a blast. Sure hope i can make it next year.

DR1665
08-21-2005, 05:41 PM
from florida...that takes some dedication
This was the second year I flew out from Phoenix. Was planning on bringing the little all-motor 2GNT that could, but a tired tBelt tensioner put the kibosh on those plans at the last minute.

As one of the people who stayed at the BW this year and experienced, first hand, the insanity that happened there (slip-n-slide, boxing matches, fireworks and general lunacy), I can say it was pretty bad. The majority of us 2GNTers stayed on the Subway side and pretty much stuck to drinking and playing with some Jumping Cholla Cacti I brought with me to mess with drunken midwesterners. (I don't know how you can all live with all that wet, green stuff in the trees and on the ground!) :D

I'm also the guy who mentioned a car show in the Shootout thread at Tuners as an idea to keep the supremely simple-minded occupied. I realize there is already a ton of effort put into the events of the weekend, but I think there are those of us in the community spread out across the country who love this event enough that we would be willing to help out.

I like the idea of a BBQ/car show thing for Saturday night. Perhaps it could be held someplace central to really show the people of Norwalk how the DSM community really comes together. Just to throw out an idea, I was thinking it could be something like a parking lot or grassy area where the cars can be parked in an organized fashion (1Gs, 2Gs, Evos, etc.). Then maybe charge $10 per person for entry. $5 towards BBQ supplies like franks, buns, condiments, iced tea and water, propane for grills and all that. The other $5 would go to a local charity. Maybe even offer beer for a decent price? Local vendors could also set up trailers to peddle their stuff. The idea being a central location where the majority of people could get together, park the cars, mingle, eat, drink and be merry under some supervision to keep the trouble makers in check.

Someone here mentioned showing videos from previous Shootouts and I think that could be an awesome idea. Is there a drive-in theatre in the area?

Like I said, there is already a ton of work put into making the Shootout happen each year, be it event preparation or post-Shootout politcal damage control. So my comments are only to throw ideas out there to see if we can't keep this thing going. I don't even have a turbo on my car (don't plan on it until after I hit 14.999 NA ;) ), but the DSM Shootout is the one event I plan the rest of my year around. Those of us who eat, sleep, and breathe DSMs should not just sit back and let a good thing die.

I'm 2,300 miles away from Norwalk, but I'm down to help out in any way that I can to see to it that the Shootout returns.

EDIT:
And by help out, I mean actually do something about it. None of that BS where people make suggestions, those suggestions are consdiered, then no one shows any interest. No point in having BR waste any time trying to make something happen that people won't follow through on. That's time taken away from those events that happen and some of us travel a long way to witness.

stockgsx
08-21-2005, 11:09 PM
At any kind of event that has a large group of people that are into the same thing (such as dsm's) there are always going to be groups of people that get wild and out of control. This is going to happen no matter what unless it is a event for nuns,and it might still happen there. It would just be a shame if this ended a good time like the shootout. I really hope that the shootout happens next year it should be a blast.

sshorty
08-21-2005, 11:51 PM
I would actually consider being responsible for holding an event the night before. But it would be even more organized than what you are saying. I would try to keep the price down as low as possible and would include the following:

A dinner and drinks along with some sort of cocktail hour type of thing with a showing of a video or two from previous dsm shootouts.

It would be held at a local restaurant/catering type of place, and I would try to aquire as much of facility as possible. This would require the pre-payment of all those interested. If there are enough people that are willing to do it, then this would work out great, and all the extra money raised from all those attending in addition could go to raffle/door type prizes or even the charity idea.

What do you guys think?

As far as the car show, that's done already at buschur's that saturday morning, however, im sure the parking lot where ever this is held would end up looking like a car show.

Jrod@Buschur
08-22-2005, 09:45 AM
Some things still need to be ironed out from the shootout a week ago to see if we will even be able to hold another one. As for the date for 2006 IF there is going to be one.....The whole Norwalk Raceway Park schedule has to be setup before they are going to release the date for one event. I believe lastyear we didnt get the word on when the shootout was going to be held until January.

For those of you who would like to read a little about what happened at this year's S.O. here is a link to a discussion we are having on Tuners.

http://dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194865&page=1

Take Care guys,

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.

wantarace95GSX
08-23-2005, 05:40 PM
i like the idea of a car show to give back to the community. Once a release date if it is announced people over here on the BR forums should try and help out david, jarrod, nick and the rest of the BR crew. i am sure they would appreciate any help

hi_psi_starion
08-23-2005, 09:24 PM
I think a meet and greet is an awsome idea !!!!!.......I know personally from last year that me and my girlfriend kinda felt like outkast's we didn't know anyone at the event ( i'm sure i got on jarrod's nerves talking to him every 5 min) A BBQ is an awsome idea also there could be some games like i have seen at other events...........Since the bunout pit was such a hit at the hotels hell Y not see if there is a place were this could b done leagally and take money from the participants and give the winner some of the money and the owner of the land the rest !!!!!! Also the idea of having a area for the diffrent cars is cool but where are us starion's gonna sit concidering how few there are of us ????

MitsuBucci
08-23-2005, 09:36 PM
I believe lastyear we didnt get the word on when the shootout was going to be held until January.

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.

Actually, last year the date was picked as soon as I got back to FL. This post, http://buschurforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9834 was made 8/21/04.

At this point, I hope we have one next year. Never mind if we have to wait for the date.

DR1665
08-23-2005, 10:19 PM
i like the idea of a car show to give back to the community. Once a release date if it is announced people over here on the BR forums should try and help out david, jarrod, nick and the rest of the BR crew. i am sure they would appreciate any help
As I said before, the Shootout means damn near everything to this DSMer. I would gladly give up a day of drinking with my brothers and sisters to lend a hand in the interest of prolonging the magic.

9d2TSi
08-24-2005, 02:18 AM
Your thought's an excellent one wantarace, but the efforts should be more focused on acting like adults when an event like this takes place. Drunk rowdy people doing burnouts and all of the other nonsense at all hours of the night is the problem at hand.

Unfortunately, It only takes a few bad apples to ruin a great thing. I really hope that this doesn't happen to this community.

sshorty
08-24-2005, 07:44 AM
Well I guess we should wait til we get a date, and see what is available to all of us, let's not forget that the event at Buschur's on Sat morning is important to Buschur Racing as many people paid to use the Dyno and many other's bought parts and consessions (sp?) from their facility. I guess what might work is after Buschur's gathering at their shop, we could do a bbq/car show/event of some kind in the area. Once a date is decided, then we could locate a facility, and plan around that. The burnout contest may be a little difficult, but the car show and bbq thing should be easy.

Costs would include:
Food
Facility
Prizes (if any for the show)
Insurance (if needed for the facility)
Literature (if any needed) to spread the word

This could also be a great opportunity, for some of the vendors coming, to sell some products before the shootout.

TUI2I30
08-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Well I can tell you this... The folks at Carlisle, PA will never again have a sport compact carlisle event due to this type of behavior at the "LAST" event. We all like to have a good time but people need to show more maturity. What is the point of throwing a luggage rack at the arbys drive though sign anyway? Didn't everyone see enough burnouts at the event? C'mon guys, why would you want to screw this up??? I wasn't able to make this years event but I REALLY wanted to be there, I'm already looking forward to the next one, if there isn't one think of what you robbed me of!! THANKS. :mad:

DR1665
08-24-2005, 09:58 PM
Oh yeah. One thing about Norwalk that kind of let a LOT of people down this year was how every stinking ATM in that town was out of cash and none of the businesses would let you get cash back when you used your ATM. You can only imagine how freaked out I was when I walked down the street to the ATM near BR to score some cash so I could get a lemonade and it said "Insufficient Funds." If there was ever a time your payroll department would screw something up, it would be when you're more than 2,000 miles from home. I ended up having to sell my ECU to eat. LOL

Other than that, I think Norwalk has taken this whole event in stride. Yes, there are some people who are pissed about it (did shenanigans make the local paper?), but I have yet to hear about Police arresting anyone or anyone going to the hospital, so while it was certainly bad and definitely embarrassing, it could have been worse, right?

No. I'm not trying to rationalize. Just saying that, despite how some groups are cliquey in the DSM community, we all tend to get along pretty good in Norwalk. Maybe just a bit too good. ;)

sbstar
09-20-2005, 08:26 PM
So does anyone have any idea when we're going to have dates? A buddy of mine said Dave Buschur told him that the shootout wasn't cancelled but they're just waiting on dates. I can't wait. Hoping to run my car this year.

Kevin90GSX
10-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Has Dave even annouced next years dates?

Jrod@Buschur
10-09-2005, 03:35 PM
Has Dave even annouced next years dates?

We do not know the exact date as of yet. IF there will be a 2006 S.O. we will have date as soon as the race track plans their entire schedule for the year. I believe David announced the date last year around the middle of January.

The reason I said IF there is a 2006 S.O. is because things still have not been completely ironed out from all the mischief and problems from this past shootout yet.

We will let everyone know what is going on as soon as we find out.

Thanks

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.

DR1665
10-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Thanks, Jarrod. Appreciate it.

turbokreeper
10-11-2005, 07:28 AM
Let there be a God, and lets all just get along. We need the Shootout. We appreciate the update Jarrod. Im holding my breath and crossing my fingers. I actually planned bringing the wife and kids this next year.

Tom N
10-11-2005, 01:19 PM
We do not know the exact date as of yet. IF there will be a 2006 S.O. we will have date as soon as the race track plans their entire schedule for the year. I believe David announced the date last year around the middle of January.

The reason I said IF there is a 2006 S.O. is because things still have not been completely ironed out from all the mischief and problems from this past shootout yet.

We will let everyone know what is going on as soon as we find out.

Thanks

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.

Last year Dave released the new date the third week of August.
I hope they get things ironed out for next year.

DR1665
10-11-2005, 01:26 PM
I hope they get things ironed out for next year.
I hope we all get our shit together for next year. I'd like to bring my DSM all the way from Phoenix this time. :D

sbstar
10-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Let there be a God, and lets all just get along. We need the Shootout. We appreciate the update Jarrod. Im holding my breath and crossing my fingers. I actually planned bringing the wife and kids this next year.
Your not the only one Mike, haha, I'm hoping to bring the GF (maybe fiance by then) along, trying to get her to like these cars and events. It'd crush me to find out after only going one year they're going to cancel it on me.

One_sic_1g
11-10-2005, 01:11 AM
When is the shootout???(first timer never been there)

DR1665
11-10-2005, 01:23 AM
When is the shootout???(first timer never been there)
We're all anxiously awaiting. Most people I know are worried it won't happen because of the shenanigans last year. If we do get a SO in 2006, I know I'll be doing my part to help keep the idiocy levels well below this year's.

By the way, I do not like driving "fats" as your sig suggests, but I live for rally. Rally > *.

Jrod@Buschur
11-14-2005, 03:24 PM
We're all anxiously awaiting. Most people I know are worried it won't happen because of the shenanigans last year. If we do get a SO in 2006, I know I'll be doing my part to help keep the idiocy levels well below this year's.

That would be much appreciated.

Buschur employee's will be in plain clothes so no one knows who we are and will be carrying 500,000 volt stun guns to keep people in line. LOL j/k

DR1665
11-14-2005, 04:06 PM
That would be much appreciated.
I don't see why it should be a problem. All the work and preparation getting the DSM ready to drive the 2500 miles across the country for the Shootout (or buying an exorbitantly priced plane ticket at the last minute because the DSM took a shit - again), some of us would go the extra mile for the Shootout.

Buschur employee's will be in plain clothes so no one knows who we are and will be carrying 500,000 volt stun guns to keep people in line. LOL j/k
That would be so totally bitchin'. If I had license to use one of those at will (or even just a cattle prod), I would spend all my time at the mall down here.

Looking forward to finally getting my own DSM all the way to Norwalk in 2006.

sbstar
12-01-2005, 07:29 PM
Well there hasn't been much action here as of late. I suppose we'll know sometime in January. Anyone have any new info on the shootout? My car is about ready to start up and run, should have a bucket full of my new parts at home today. Hoping for low 12's on the 14B come shootout time, maybe even those 11's.

DR1665
12-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Well there hasn't been much action here as of late.
Kinda makes a guy all anxious, doesn't it? :D

I suppose we'll know sometime in January. Anyone have any new info on the shootout?
I'm hoping so. I wonder how many other people have this thread book marked? For the next eight months, I plan on seeing every post to this thread the day they're posted. LOL. There is only the Shootout.

My car is about ready to start up and run, should have a bucket full of my new parts at home today. Hoping for low 12's on the 14B come shootout time, maybe even those 11's.
Sweet. I finally broke down and bought a 4G63T car. Picked up 1991 GVR4 #195 for a song and plan on getting it back on the road, but I'm also looking to trade my Crower 2s for a set of Crower 3s and be ready to be the first all motor 2GNT in the 14s at the Shootout this year. Man. That would be sweet.

(You can stop laughing now.) :)

David Buschur
12-13-2005, 11:06 AM
I am starting a new thread about this coming year's shootouts. I want to comment here on some things I read.

My life doesn't exactly revolve around the shootout but it is a major concern of mine. It used to be a fun event for me now it is just mostly headaches. To be honest, the only reason I don't cancel the event is there are too many GOOD people that attend that send me e-mails thanking me each year for it and want it to continue.

To all the ignorant unbehaved assholes that attend I'd prefer you didn't come back at all. That's the truth. It is an embarassment to myself and my company. It is an embarassment to what I worked so hard to build the last 17 years of my life. Please, if you can't act like a responsible adult don't bother coming this year.

Someone said any time you have a large group of people you are going to have problems. Well that is not true. Do you guys know that the only event at Norwalk Raceway Park that has trouble each year is the DSM Shootout?! I was talking with Bill Bader this year and he pointed this out. I told him, "Just wait until they hold the NOPI Nationals here in the fall, you will see some REAL trouble." Well the NOPI Nationals came and went without a SINGLE problem. No hotels trashed, no cars pissed on, no retaraunt signs messed with, no shopping carts thrashed, no beer bottles scattered throughout the parking lot, no smokey burnouts, no scooters. NO problems.
What exactly does that say for our group? Not much. There aren't just a few bad guys ruining it, it is a large number of guys that can't handle their alcohol or have no common sense.

It's a disgrace to the DSM/EVO Shootout.

About the BBQ, sounds like a great idea. For those of you that attended this long ago I use to do this. Immediately following the shootout I would rent a place to eat and we'd all go there and hang out to eat and hand out awards. Guess what happened? People didn't appreciate it. I had complaints like, "Is this all there is to eat?" "WTF is going on, where's the pizza." etc. etc. It wasn't worth doing. I USE TO PAY FOR THE FOOD! I heard more complaints than things like, "David, I appreciate the free meal. Food good. No problem waiting 15 minutes for the next batch of pizzas to be delivered." I have no tolerance for unappreciative people.

I use to hold a bon fire at my house too. Invited everyone to come out. This use to be a smaller group of guys that all got along and had a great time. As the event grew I was getting people at my house which I fed and supplied free beer/soda to. The last two years I did this I had comments being thrown my way from guys like, "I buy all my parts from XXX vendor." Well screw that, it's bad enough you are at my house drinking free beer but then to make stupid comments like that. Had a guy who nearly got his ass kicked one year tell me I was an idiot for throwing a full shaken beer into the bonfire to watch it explode, said it was a waste of a beer. I reminded him who bought the beer and told him there were two choices, leave or fight me. He left. Another guy who wanted to continue making comments about buying his parts elsewhere nearly had his face eaten off by my 120 pound german shepherd after I told him to get him, I held the dog a few inches from his face as he tried to bite him. He left too. I have no tolerance for that crap, not at my house, it's disrespectful.

Hoping pointing some of these things out can make you all see how the shootout has change for me over the years. Now it is just work, complaints and hotels/food chains calling to complain about their places being trashed by the guys that were here for "That Buschur race."

We do the car show/open house/dyno competition here on Saturdays for a great time to hang out. This year we had a food vendor come in that had some great food. Probably about 500 people came out throughout the day. Very busy day.

David Buschur

DR1665
12-13-2005, 11:31 AM
David,

Thank you for giving us a shot in the arm, so to speak. There can be no excuses for the sort of bullshit that ocurred in 2005 and the years prior. There are ways to seemingly try to explain it, but they do not make what happened right. On behalf of the entire DSM community, I apologize for not doing more to better represent our group and your organization.

2005 was only my second Shootout and there is no other event each year that means so much to me. I suspect there are a great number of other people in the community who feel the same way. This is the one time each year where all our brothers and sisters from across the country can justify getting together to share our love of these cars. Without the Shootout, we are left to the internet to maintain those precious relationships.

If there is a 2006 DSM/EVO Shootout, I will be more than happy to volunteer to help work anything you might need of me. You've given so much to this community over the years, I think it's time that some of us started to give back. You are not the only person who should be responsible for everything. I will also help to spread the word that amateur hour, drunken shenanigans are not welcome at the Shootout.

I know there are a lot of big names from the various DSM communities online that attend the Shootout each year and if we all stand together with a serious, "NO MORE BULLSHIT" line, we stand a good chance of setting the mood for those who might not know what is appropriate behavior. We can hope, anyways. I know I and the rest of the regular 2GNT.com crew that shows up each year, value the DSM Shootout a great deal and will do our best to behave as well as keep things in order wherever we all end up.

Talk is cheap, though, and we can all beg, plead, and promise change, but it all has to come down to us following through on our promises. If you go to bat for us with the people of Norwalk, then we will go to bat for you by showing the community we appreciate their hospitality this year.

Maybe we could put signs up on the roads coming into Norwalk with a DSM on them that just say "BEHAVE OR LOSE IT FOREVER." Stark reminder that would remind people to play nice.

If you need any assistance at all, I would be thrilled to help you, personally, Buschur Racing, and my DSM family nation-wide, to make this happen in 2006.

Thank you,
Brian Driggs,
co-founder, az2gnt.net

DarkOne
12-13-2005, 02:33 PM
If there is a 2006 DSM/EVO Shootout, I will be more than happy to volunteer to help work anything you might need of me. You've given so much to this community over the years, I think it's time that some of us started to give back.

I'll offer the same, not just of myself, but of all of 2GNT.com as well. All of us appreciate everything you do and have done for the DSM community.

coltboostin
12-13-2005, 03:43 PM
David.

The shootout is a great event that I hope we donít see disappear. You have done more than your part in setting up such an event, and I am sure you have heard it thousands of times, but thank you.

Dave is correct, there are MAJOR events every week or 2 at Norwalk. From FunFord, SuperChevy, to NOPI. Every time I come down to the area for an event, it is NOTHING like the Shootout.

I also think one of the problems is the more influential DSMers, and the elder statesman of the DSM community do not do anything to hinder this. I remember speaking with the NABR group the last 2 years at the Best Western, while people were doing burnouts and had that slide pit contraption in working order, and they were just yuking it up, drinking there beer.

I am in no way putting any burden of blame on these people, but we ( I will include myself as an influential DSMer in the NE Ohio area) need to step up this year and make sure the noobs and the perennial idiots do not act like asses. Perhaps we can inform the local authorities who they can talk to to have direct contact with the people attending rhe shootout, and inform the people who plan on attending that people being asses this year will be prosecuted.

It may seem harsh, but it has gotten way out of control. What do you think about this?

sbstar
12-13-2005, 06:01 PM
For myself I can't really apologize for last year as I stayed 30 minutes away where there was no negative action. However, if I stay anywhere where this year and stuff starts to go on, you better believe I'll be one of the first to jump in and try to stop it (and I have 4 years of martial arts to back that up). From those of us who truly respect the shootout thanks for continuing to put it on David, and hopefully we can truly deserve it this year.

Ludachris
12-13-2005, 06:22 PM
Hey David,

I'm really sorry to hear about this. It's too bad that we can't get some DSMers together and have an event to be proud of. I'm not sure what's causing this BS, but we're definitely being flooded with poor attitudes - and it's not just the noobs. There seems to be an overall attitude problem across the board. We're seeing it on our site, as we've been having to ban people more often. You see so much disrespect for others now that it's a little sickening. Both noobs and experienced guys alike. Why is it so tough to get people to lead by example?

I know we'll be doing more things to address this on our site, as I feel we're in a unique position to make an impact. I hope other forum owners will make it a priority as well. We need to make an effort to push the DSM community in a positive direction and do away with all the bad attitudes and promote a community that is fun to be a part of. It seems to be more divisive these days.

From a DSM enthusiast who has always been in it for the cars - thanks for hosting this event every year. You've brought together and motivated countless enthusiasts like me for years. I appreciate your efforts. If I'm able to make it out to the Shootout this year, I'd be happy to volunteer instead of being a spectator.

manley57
12-14-2005, 10:27 PM
I'm looking forward to my FIRST Shoot Out, I dont want it to be my last.
Lets show some common sense and act like men (show some class) instead of out of
control teens with some alcohol in the veins.

I say Thank You Buschur family for the event and the go fast parts you provide for our DSM's.

BRAVO Dave ....BRAVO.

missouri_dsm
12-16-2005, 05:56 PM
I am a long time dsm'er and am embarrased and ashamed of the way these people acted. It is a sad day in dsm land when the godfather of dsm's is disrespected at his own house. I have tremendous respect for David and what he has done for the dsm community. Let's not ruin it.

Dsm Performance
12-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Room is already reserved at the BW.

Your post (David) has been posted on local club, so people are aware to be respectable, we are a large group of crazy canadian comming to SO again this year, I think I will remind what you said again just before the SO.

Diceman
12-24-2005, 01:54 AM
Room is already reserved at the BW.

what number did you call? they are telling almost everyone i know they are booked up or not taking reservations this early. will you PM me with you booking price too, im curious to see what they say they are going to charge you.

lulutalon
12-24-2005, 03:03 AM
what number did you call? they are telling almost everyone i know they are booked up or not taking reservations this early. will you PM me with you booking price too, im curious to see what they say they are going to charge you.
Check your PMs

Dsm Performance
12-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Check your PMs

Haha, not sleeping overnight to watch everything around the SO!

Lulu, the Lucky luke of the Dsm's.

You look like a kid who can't wait to Christmas for opening his gifts!:D

BTW are you coming with me in Ohio this January ?

lulutalon
12-24-2005, 07:32 PM
Haha, not sleeping overnight to watch everything around the SO!

Lulu, the Lucky luke of the Dsm's.

You look like a kid who can't wait to Christmas for opening his gifts!:D

BTW are you coming with me in Ohio this January ?
hehehe! What can I say, I love keyboard racing, but this year I'll make everything I can to get it right for the Shootout and have a running DSM for the occasion.

Nah, I can't go... :( I have to keep some days off for August... :p

Diceman
12-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Check your PMs

thank you sir, i shall pour you a drink this year. ;)

ask DR1665's how good i am at that. :D

ibacowboy
01-16-2006, 10:01 AM
I know it's a little early, but each year I go, I have a great time!!

I know most of you stayed at the Best Western and Econolodge, half our group stayed at the econolodge, but this year, lets get all three big hotels booked with all of us knuckleheads!!

We like the AmeriHost best, so as soon as we can book, lets book it up, I'm sure most of you saw all those little midget cars around.

Maybe we can plan something for after the car show the day before the event. This year we just went out to dinner and drank, but maybe instead we can try to set something up, where everyone who wants to meet everyone else, can do so. Maybe if enough people are interested, we can rent out part of a restaurant for a dinner/cocktail before we all go back to the hotels and party. Anyone interested? We have a whole year!!

TEAM SHOCKER!!!
Hey. I'm new. Where is this shoot out and when? Thanks.

Nick@Buschurs
01-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Hey. I'm new. Where is this shoot out and when? Thanks.

http://buschurforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14274

almostock
01-16-2006, 08:55 PM
It's going to be my second shoot out and my room is already reserved at the bw. We have to fill up the hotels with good attitude so we can enjoy a 2007 SHOOTOUT !!!!

Thanks you david and the whole team (nick, etc) for the greatest DSM event of the year !

Mzderrick04
02-20-2006, 09:31 PM
This will be our first SO and I am so excited! I was wondering where everyone stays at. i would like to go ahead and make reservations.

Thanks

missouri_dsm
06-17-2006, 09:11 PM
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=829086586&n=2
check out this video of the 2004 shootout. I think we all need to fill out comments telling this guy how much we DONT appreciate the way they act. This is the reason the shootout for next year is in jeopardy.

gotnothing?
07-26-2006, 01:16 PM
I didn't watch the whole video, so I don't remember what kind of trouble these guys got into, but I do remember starting that bottle of Southern Comfort with them... :D